Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Installation for Android and non-Android(How do I install and use different versions of Eclipse?)
Installation for Android and non-Android [message #1243723] Tue, 11 February 2014 10:59 Go to next message
Mårten Nilsson is currently offline Mårten NilssonFriend
I have installed Eclipse with ADT in order to develop Andoid applications, but have decided that I also want a conventional Java compiler and IDE for developing conventional Java programs. Can I download something that adds this functionality to the installation I've already made, or do I have to make a "parallell" installation?
Re: Installation for Android and non-Android [message #1243832 is a reply to message #1243723] Tue, 11 February 2014 14:00 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
On the Eclipse Downloads page there is a link (on the right side) to this page, which mentions at the top about combining the contents of various packages. The short answer is that, yes, Eclipse is designed to install multiple feature sets into the same installation of Eclipse. Having ADT, you should already have what you need to use it for "plain old" Java projects; there shouldn't be much else you'd need. But you can always install any of the components that look useful/interesting.
Previous Topic:Public Key SSL in Tomcat
Next Topic:Eclipse with ADT, crashes Text Error 1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:17:25 GMT 2024