Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Runtime Parameters --pluginCustomization for an RPT Preference Change(PluginCustomization for Eclipse)
Eclipse Runtime Parameters --pluginCustomization for an RPT Preference Change [message #1241041] Fri, 07 February 2014 11:42
Darren Rabbitt is currently offline Darren RabbittFriend
Hi,

I am trying to automate the Creation of an RPT Workspace. One of the final steps I have involves loading an RPT Preference Change into the workspace. I have this working for a simple JDK Compiler Change.
Steps involved
1) Open a new workspace - Change the JDK Compiler from 1.7 to 1.6
2) Using File - Export - Preference File - save the file as an epf file.
3) Remove the /instance/ from the file and save it as an "ini" file.
4) Quick manual test - if you import this setting back in to a new workspace using - File - Import Preference option, the jdk will update to 1.6
5) However, I can use the command line option also
Example, using the -data <workspace> parameter I am able to get this working for a new workspace as follows

eclipse -data C:\temp\work14 -pluginCustomization C:\temp\epref.ini

My question is, can the "pluginCustomization" parameter work against all types of Preferences within an RPT Eclipse install?
I have one preference for the latest RPT install which allows for Web Reporting. The default is to use the Legacy option. Unfortunately, when you change the option, it is not persisted between new workspaces.

I was able to find the exact change for this preference.

com.ibm.rational.test.lt.execution.results/P_DEFAULT_EDITOR=com.ibm.rational.test.lt.server.LTViewer

So saving this change to an preference "ini" file I can import the change to a workspace and it will update the web reporting option successfully.

However, when i use the "-pluginCustomization" option, it will not load the change.
I try this using the exact same steps for the JDK change and it does not work.
Any feedback or help would be appreciated. I'm aware this is slightly RPT Eclipse related and as I am a new comer , if I am not posting in the correct forum community please let me know.
However, as Eclipse handles all these changes within RPT, I think it is something which should work for all preferences which appear. thanks,

Darren
Previous Topic:NPE when performing Project > Clean
Next Topic:Few questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:59:52 GMT 2024