Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Setting color property of text view(Setting color property of text view)
Setting color property of text view [message #1240257] Thu, 06 February 2014 03:44 Go to next message
Roger Garrett is currently offline Roger GarrettFriend
I'm an absolute beginner at Eclipse, although I've done decades of software development. I'm building a very simple, first-time, Android application using Eclipse. I've positioned a simple Text object on it and want to specify the background color for it. I click on the object and can see all the properties of it in the properties box. I scroll down to the Background item and it shows a little button to the right, which in other IDEs would let me open up a dialog in which I can select a color. But clicking it does nothing.

SOME of the other properties do indeed let me click on its related button and bring up a dialog of selections, but not for the Background property and in fact not for MOST of the properties.

How do I get it to let me make a color selections?
Re: Setting color property of text view [message #1240463 is a reply to message #1240257] Thu, 06 February 2014 14:22 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
The Android development tools are developed and supported by Google. These forums are for questions related to the Eclipse pieces that are provided by the Eclipse Foundation. As such, there aren't likely to be many people in the forum that have any knowledge of the Android Development Tools. Please see the sticky post at the top of the forum about Android development for suggestions on where you might find more knowledgeable help.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Crashing on Startup/Loading/Splash Screen
Next Topic:Flowchart From CDT C++ on Linux-Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:46:51 GMT 2024