Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Strange workspace switching behaviour under Windows
Strange workspace switching behaviour under Windows [message #1237302] Wed, 29 January 2014 10:40 Go to next message
Jens Rabe is currently offline Jens RabeFriend
I have an Eclipse product with a custom welcome page. There is, amongst others, a function to switch the workspace. This programmatically executes the "org.eclipse.ui.file.openWorkspace" command.

When running on Linux, this works correctly. The dialog appears, I can select a directory, and my product restarts with the new location.

However, on Windows, it does not work. The dialog appears, I can select the workspace, but after this, the product simply exits without restarting. Next time I restart the product, it is again at the default location. From this second start, workspace switching works correctly.

The same problem occurrs when using the stock "File / Switch workspace" option from the menu.

The product is based on Eclipse 4.2. Is this a bug or am I missing anything?

EDIT: Next observation: When starting the product for the first time and restarting it once (File / Restart), the workspace switching is working correctly, too.

[Updated on: Wed, 29 January 2014 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange workspace switching behaviour under Windows [message #1386958 is a reply to message #1237302] Mon, 23 June 2014 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jasmine Mising name is currently offline Jasmine Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I am facing the same problem with my RCP application. My app is based on Eclipse 4.3.1 (Kepler) and I am using Java7.

My RCP app gets successfully launched in the default workspace but when I try to switch the workspace, the application just haults (does not restart).

I also observe that the new workspace that I specify while attempting to switch the workspace DOES NOT get created in the file system. The file system is accessible with all permissions.

I am on Windows 7.

Could someone please help on the issue.

Thanks.
Re: Strange workspace switching behaviour under Windows [message #1388503 is a reply to message #1237302] Thu, 26 June 2014 14:31 Go to previous message
Erik Ringuette is currently offline Erik RinguetteFriend
Getting the same issue here. Running Windows 7 64-bit. Eclipse Version: Kepler Service Release 2
Build id: 20140224-0627

Using "File->Switch Workspace" will only work after the second attempt. Looks like a bug to me and haven't seen it addressed yet.
Previous Topic:Different behavior between BUILD and eclipse run.
Next Topic:Help Search is not working.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:12:26 GMT 2024