Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Open files in detached editors
Open files in detached editors [message #1236675] Mon, 27 January 2014 20:42 Go to next message
Jonas Lippuner is currently offline Jonas Lippuner
I have recently found out that I can detach an editor from the main window and have it as a free floating window. This is very useful, but I am having a few issues with using this effectively.

1) If I have a file opened in a detached editor and I hit Ctrl+Tab to switch between the header and source file (I'm doing C++ development), then the header or source file is opened in the main editor instead of the current active detached editor. How can I get this file to be opened in the current detached editor?

2) When I open an file from the Project Explorer it is opened in the main editor window instead of the active (focused) detached editor window. How can I open files from the Project Explorer either in an existing detached editor window or directly in a new detached editor?

Thanks for the help,
Jonas
Re: Open files in detached editors [message #1239644 is a reply to message #1236675] Tue, 04 February 2014 17:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Lippuner is currently offline Jonas Lippuner
*Bumb* Anybody?
Re: Open files in detached editors [message #1273800 is a reply to message #1236675] Thu, 20 March 2014 15:03 Go to previous message
Grzegorz Poznachowski is currently offline Grzegorz Poznachowski
+1
I'm also interested in that feature. Is that possible to achieve? Otherwise, I don't feel like having detached editor window useful.

Regards,
Greg
Previous Topic:"make" "bash" is not found in PATH
Next Topic:Eclipse with Worklight and ADT plug-in not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Oct 23 02:29:06 GMT 2014