Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Accessing "Configure-"-> "Converting toMaven Project" from plugin
Accessing "Configure-"-> "Converting toMaven Project" from plugin [message #1234711] Wed, 22 January 2014 16:38 Go to next message
Manuel Fünfrocken is currently offline Manuel FünfrockenFriend
Hello Forum,

I try to create a "New Project Wizard" which will create a eclipse project with Maven nature, whilst also creating stubb classes as well as a default package structure.

However, I am able to obtain the information from the user, create a pom file as well as a folder structure. But I have problems to determine, how I can enable the project nature... In eclipse, I can do this by "Configure-"-> "Converting toMaven Project".

Is there a possibility to access this functionality out of the plugin?

And more generall: Is there an easy/good way to determine, which functionality is introduced by which plugin/extension to eclipse?
Re: Accessing "Configure-"-> "Converting toMaven Project" from plugin [message #1234981 is a reply to message #1234711] Thu, 23 January 2014 09:24 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
For an example how to add a nature to a project you may want to look at JDT/UI's org.eclipse.jdt.ui.wizards.JavaCapabilityConfigurationPage.configureJavaProject(String, IProgressMonitor)

However, m2e does more than that when you invoke "Convert to Maven Project". I suggest you checkout the sources of m2e and search for calls (direct or indirect) to org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.setDescription(IProjectDescription, IProgressMonitor). That should direct you towards the code you want to invoke.

HTH,
Stephan
Previous Topic:Defaulting run/debug configuration selection?
Next Topic:How to use JDT spell checking in more than one text field?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:18:17 GMT 2024