Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Support for Tablelayout / Contribute to project
Support for Tablelayout / Contribute to project [message #1232709] Fri, 17 January 2014 14:41 Go to next message
Timo Rumland is currently offline Timo RumlandFriend
Hello,

I just recently heard that WindowBuilder will an Eclipse project, which I think is great and a good step in the future to help maintain and improve the software.

I would use WindowBuilder right away, but I'm missing an important Layout Manager - the TableLayout (java.net/projects/tablelayout)

Not that it is the best one, but in my opinion it is one of the best (and a simple one) among the others.

So my first, easy question is - is support for TableLayout planned for a future release?

If not (probably the project has a lot more important stuff to achieve at the moment), what would be the best way to start contributing to the project, adding support von TableLayout?

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Best regards,
Timo
Re: Support for Tablelayout / Contribute to project [message #1233093 is a reply to message #1232709] Sat, 18 January 2014 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
We don't have any current plans to add support for any more layouts. We are very open to contributions and are always looking for new contributors and committers. There are several high quality examples of how to add support for a layout to the tool, and we are always willing to answer questions as they come up. Start by looking at the WB code and the implementations of the other layouts. Support for TableLayout should be in its own plugin.
Re: Support for Tablelayout / Contribute to project [message #1233109 is a reply to message #1233093] Sat, 18 January 2014 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your answer!

Eric Clayberg wrote on Sat, 18 January 2014 11:10
We don't have any current plans to add support for any more layouts. We are very open to contributions and are always looking for new contributors and committers. There are several high quality examples of how to add support for a layout to the tool, and we are always willing to answer questions as they come up. Start by looking at the WB code and the implementations of the other layouts. Support for TableLayout should be in its own plugin.

Ok, I just discovered the repository URL, I will have a look at it.

I recently found a bug (related to WindowBuilder using Swing and JGoodies FormLayout) that I wanted to report via the Eclipse bugs website. But what if I already found the cause and fixed it. What is the procedure in this case, how can I contribute my code / bugfix proposal? Or should I point to the cause in the ticket and do a fix-proposal there?
Re: Support for Tablelayout / Contribute to project [message #1233115 is a reply to message #1233109] Sat, 18 January 2014 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Just make sure there is an open bug report on the issue in Bugzilla and attach the fix there (zip files should be fine).
Re: Support for Tablelayout / Contribute to project [message #1233117 is a reply to message #1233115] Sat, 18 January 2014 17:38 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg wrote on Sat, 18 January 2014 12:34
Just make sure there is an open bug report on the issue in Bugzilla and attach the fix there (zip files should be fine).

Ok, will do that - thanks for your help!
Previous Topic:MigLayout for SWT - no such Layout there :(
Next Topic:Binding items property of Combo using WindowBuilder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:06:28 GMT 2024