Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't drag and drop Graphviz plug-in(Dragging install button is not working)
icon2.gif  Can't drag and drop Graphviz plug-in [message #1231526] Tue, 14 January 2014 22:05 Go to next message
Mike Workman is currently offline Mike WorkmanFriend
I am not really a java programmer, at least not yet - working on it. I did some java a while back, and I even used eclipse. However, I get pretty confused. Right now I am pretty confused.

I am working a PostgreSQL database project and have elected to use spySchema to (hopefully) create an ER diagram. This java app uses Graphviz to do the drawing. Graphviz is an eclipse plug-in. I am supposed to be able to install this by dragging the install button at

to my running Eclipse workspace. The best I've been able to do is to drag the png icon which opens up as - an icon picture. I'm spending an awful lot of time for something that seems like it should be so simple. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Re: Can't drag and drop Graphviz plug-in [message #1231574 is a reply to message #1231526] Wed, 15 January 2014 00:49 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend
One problem is that even though Graphviz is an Eclipse plug-in, it's not from You probably want to check the Graphviz mailing lists and archives at .

Drag and drop from the Eclipse Marketplace web site requires that you have the Marketplace plug-in installed. It's included in most of the packages from, but you can also install it yourself if you're not using a preassembled package using either the download zip or Update Site listed on .

Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse WTP, IBM
Previous Topic:Making some GUI programs with C++
Next Topic:Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Nov 26 21:47:06 GMT 2015