Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » log4j.properties missing from exported war file
log4j.properties missing from exported war file [message #200421] Mon, 24 September 2007 16:52 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: scott.mycellularsessions.com

The Log4j documentation talks about placing the log4j.properties file
in WEB-INF/classes directory. I have created a file there, and when I
runmy servlet from inside Eclipse, everything seems find.

However, if I export a war file and deploy to tomcat manually, the
log4j.properties file is not there. Is Eclipse wiping out
theWEB-INF/classes directory when it loads the class files there?

Has anyone else seen this behavior, and is there a workaround?

WST 2.0 on Mac OS X


scott


--

I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
Re: log4j.properties missing from exported war file [message #200442 is a reply to message #200421] Mon, 24 September 2007 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Whatmore is currently offline Steve Whatmore
Messages: 95
Registered: July 2009
Member
Don't place the properties file in the classes folder but rather in your src
folder.

I believe that classes folder is cleaned out when the project is rebuilt and
the war is created and thus blowing away your properties file.



"Scott Harper" <scott@mycellularsessions.com> wrote in message
news:nemoMon092407034140@news.eclipse.org...
> The Log4j documentation talks about placing the log4j.properties file
> in WEB-INF/classes directory. I have created a file there, and when I
> runmy servlet from inside Eclipse, everything seems find.
>
> However, if I export a war file and deploy to tomcat manually, the
> log4j.properties file is not there. Is Eclipse wiping out
> theWEB-INF/classes directory when it loads the class files there?
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior, and is there a workaround?
>
> WST 2.0 on Mac OS X
>
>
> scott
>
> --
> I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
> You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
>
Re: log4j.properties missing from exported war file [message #200648 is a reply to message #200442] Wed, 26 September 2007 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: sharper3.austin.dot.rr.dot.com

Thanks Steve, that took care of it!

sh

In article <fd9aqo$l4$1@build.eclipse.org>, "Steve Whatmore"
<steven.whatmore@lynxdev.com> wrote:
>Don't place the properties file in the classes folder but rather in your src
>folder.
>
>I believe that classes folder is cleaned out when the project is rebuilt and
>the war is created and thus blowing away your properties file.
>
>
>
>"Scott Harper" <scott@mycellularsessions.com> wrote in message
>news:nemoMon092407034140@news.eclipse.org...
>> The Log4j documentation talks about placing the log4j.properties file
>> in WEB-INF/classes directory. I have created a file there, and when I
>> runmy servlet from inside Eclipse, everything seems find.
>>
>> However, if I export a war file and deploy to tomcat manually, the
>> log4j.properties file is not there. Is Eclipse wiping out
>> theWEB-INF/classes directory when it loads the class files there?
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this behavior, and is there a workaround?
>>
>> WST 2.0 on Mac OS X
>>
>>
>> scott
>>
>> --
>> I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
>> You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
>>
>
>
Re: log4j.properties missing from exported war file [message #200679 is a reply to message #200648] Thu, 27 September 2007 08:22 Go to previous message
Steve Whatmore is currently offline Steve Whatmore
Messages: 95
Registered: July 2009
Member
NP

"Scott Harper" <sharper3@austin.dot.rr.dot.com> wrote in message
news:fdeurj$kqe$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Thanks Steve, that took care of it!
>
> sh
>
> In article <fd9aqo$l4$1@build.eclipse.org>, "Steve Whatmore"
> <steven.whatmore@lynxdev.com> wrote:
>>Don't place the properties file in the classes folder but rather in your
>>src
>>folder.
>>
>>I believe that classes folder is cleaned out when the project is rebuilt
>>and
>>the war is created and thus blowing away your properties file.
>>
>>
>>
>>"Scott Harper" <scott@mycellularsessions.com> wrote in message
>>news:nemoMon092407034140@news.eclipse.org...
>>> The Log4j documentation talks about placing the log4j.properties file
>>> in WEB-INF/classes directory. I have created a file there, and when I
>>> runmy servlet from inside Eclipse, everything seems find.
>>>
>>> However, if I export a war file and deploy to tomcat manually, the
>>> log4j.properties file is not there. Is Eclipse wiping out
>>> theWEB-INF/classes directory when it loads the class files there?
>>>
>>> Has anyone else seen this behavior, and is there a workaround?
>>>
>>> WST 2.0 on Mac OS X
>>>
>>>
>>> scott
>>>
>>> --
>>> I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
>>> You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo
>>>
>>
>>
Previous Topic:Drag and drop into the SSE
Next Topic:WTP with Websphere 6.0
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Aug 21 10:08:05 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01576 seconds