Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Problem using DOCX4J for word conversion to PDF
Problem using DOCX4J for word conversion to PDF [message #1227049] Fri, 03 January 2014 11:42 Go to next message
Dominic Hanlan is currently offline Dominic HanlanFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to use DOCX4J to convert a word document to PDF. The example seems straight forward enough. The problem is I get the following error.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/poi/poifs/filesystem/POIFSFileSystem
	at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.OpcPackage.load(OpcPackage.java:341)
	at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.OpcPackage.load(OpcPackage.java:277)
	at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.OpcPackage.load(OpcPackage.java:241)
	at org.docx4j.openpackaging.packages.WordprocessingMLPackage.load(WordprocessingMLPackage.java:171)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem cannot be found by com.bsiag.org.docx4j_3.0.0.20130501110800

Now I have created a library containing the poi-3.5-FINAL jar file and that has been made available to the server plugin.

I even tried adding buddy registration to the library manifest file and the server plugin manifest.

No luck though!!!

I added a different library in the same way and it worked perfectly.

Any thoughts.

Re: Problem using DOCX4J for word conversion to PDF [message #1227340 is a reply to message #1227049] Sat, 04 January 2014 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
This might be an OSGi classloading problem.

Dominic Hanlan wrote on Fri, 03 January 2014 12:42
I'm trying to use DOCX4J to convert a word document to PDF. The example seems straight forward enough.

Can you provide a code snippet to reproduce your case? It would help for the debugging.
Re: Problem using DOCX4J for word conversion to PDF [message #1227994 is a reply to message #1227049] Mon, 06 January 2014 06:52 Go to previous message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi

Did you use the bundle provided here: http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/docx4j-eclipse-scout

This should solve your problem and you don't have to package your own bundle.

Greetings Stephan
Previous Topic:Eclipse technical question
Next Topic:Branding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:21:45 GMT 2024