Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » AWS Toolkit for Eclipse Issue on Mavericks(Eclipse hangs when loading com.amazonaws.eclipse.core or com.amazonaws.eclipse.ui)
AWS Toolkit for Eclipse Issue on Mavericks [message #1225895] Tue, 31 December 2013 04:03 Go to next message
chase bolton is currently offline chase boltonFriend
Eclipse startup hangs at: "Loading com.amazonaws.eclipse.core".

I have reproduced this on an iMac i7 and on a Macbook Air, both with Mavericks (up to date as of 12/30/2013). I have installed the latest version of Eclipse 64b for Mac on both. Both have the same issue. If I manually delete the plugins for AWS, Eclipse is able to load normally.

The weird one is that my Macbook pro (four years old) which is running Lion, doesn't have any issues with Eclipse and AWS.

Has anyone run into this and know how to fix it?
Re: AWS Toolkit for Eclipse Issue on Mavericks [message #1227949 is a reply to message #1225895] Mon, 06 January 2014 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Napier is currently offline Paul NapierFriend
Hi Chase,

I faced the same issue and tried uninstalling then reinstalling several times with different configurations.

The way that worked for me is the following:

- Delete "com.amazonaws.eclipse.core_(version number)" from Eclipse>Plugins
- Eclipse should now open
- Remove all Amazon AWS projects from workspace (do not delete permanently!)
- With Eclipse open go to: Eclipse>About Eclipse>Installation Details
- Select all Amazon and AWS Services
- Uninstall
- Restart Eclipse when prompted
- With Eclipse open go to: Help>Install New Software
- Install all Services from "http : // aws . amazon . com / eclipse" (sorry for the spaces, but eclipse won't let me link to external sites yet!)
- Restart Eclipse when prompted
- Import all required projects back into your workspace
- You can now go back to working with Amazon AWS in Eclipse on Mavericks.

The issue is that if you close Eclipse (either by accident, intentionally or due to a crash), then this bug rears its ugly head again. However, I have found that if you are able to remove the offending projects from the workspace prior to closing Eclipse and reimport them when you need to open it again, then you won't have to go through this painful experience too often!

Hope this helps! Smile

Paul
Re: AWS Toolkit for Eclipse Issue on Mavericks [message #1228143 is a reply to message #1227949] Mon, 06 January 2014 14:12 Go to previous message
chase bolton is currently offline chase boltonFriend
Thank you for your response. I kept trying off and on for a couple of days and then gave up. In the end I downloaded Netbeans and just use the JDK. I like the Netbeans IDE better anyways and don't really need the kit functionality.
Previous Topic:External .jar + git repo
Next Topic:Debug problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:45:10 GMT 2024