Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [Solved] Hide expand buttons of file nodes in Project Explorer
[Solved] Hide expand buttons of file nodes in Project Explorer [message #1224821] Fri, 27 December 2013 22:02 Go to next message
Amenel Voglozin is currently offline Amenel VoglozinFriend
Hi all,

In the project explorer view, I would like to not show classes inside of a .cpp or .h file. I understand it might be useful to some to view includes, namespaces, enums and classes, etc. but to me, it's just mixing apples and oranges. It's duplicating the contents of the Outline view inside of the Project Explorer.

Put differently, I'd like to set my Project Explorer view so that it goes no deeper than individual files: files would be the atomic unit shown in the view. Are there settings that can allow me to do that for C++ files just like it is now for text or bat files?

I'm using Kepler with CDT 8.2.1.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 December 2013 22:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hide expand buttons of file nodes in Project Explorer [message #1224823 is a reply to message #1224821] Fri, 27 December 2013 22:08 Go to previous message
Amenel Voglozin is currently offline Amenel VoglozinFriend
Thanks to having asked the same question about Java two years ago, I have found the option seconds after posting the topic opening post: it's "Show translation unit members" in Window > Preferences > C/C++ > Appearance. Not very helpful/intuitive label I think.
Previous Topic:breakpoint invalid
Next Topic:Detecting include paths and preprocessor symbols
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:27:00 GMT 2024