Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Toplink 9 to EclipseLink migration issue(Toplink 9 to EclipseLink migration issue)
Toplink 9 to EclipseLink migration issue [message #1224748] Fri, 27 December 2013 17:29 Go to next message
Subhadip Chatterjee is currently offline Subhadip ChatterjeeFriend
in the mappings.xml of a Oracle toplink project, there are snippets with <main-expression>...<expression-class>oracle.toplink.tools.workbench.expressions.CompoundExpressionRepresentation</expression-class>...</main-expression>

Similarly, there are 4 other <expression-class> used, in it.
1. QueryableArgumentRepresentation
2. ParameterArgumentRepresentation
3. UnaryExpressionRepresentation
4. BinaryExpressionRepresentation

To replace these, what are the equivalent classes available with EclipseLink and in which library? Any help is appreciated.
Re: Toplink 9 to EclipseLink migration issue [message #1225634 is a reply to message #1224748] Mon, 30 December 2013 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Folks, any resolution in this regard would be beneficial. Please drop me your suggestions.
Re: Toplink 9 to EclipseLink migration issue [message #1227111 is a reply to message #1225634] Fri, 03 January 2014 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am adding more details, for better understanding the issue.
----
This issue is about a web application migrating from TopLink 9i to TpoLink 12c persistence framework. In the mapping-xml of the Oracle TopLink 9i project, there are snippets, as follows -

<database-query>
<main-expression>
<expression-class>
oracle.toplink.tools.workbench.expressions.QueryableArgumentRepresentation
</expression-class>

...</main-expression>

Similarly, there are 4 other <expression-class> used, in it.

1. ParameterArgumentRepresentation
2. UnaryExpressionRepresentation
3. BinaryExpressionRepresentation
4. CompoundExpressionRepresentation

----
I have followed the steps from Oracle fusion documentation:
1. docs.oracle.com/middleware/1212/toplink/TLADG/migrnativetoplink.htm#BCGHJGHF
2. docs.oracle.com/middleware/1212/toplink/TLADG/websphere.htm

I have handled the import statements, few API replacements w.r.t the EclipseLink binary. Now there are descriptor mappings and query-manager sections, which I am working through. I ran the package-rename tool on these XML files, but nothing has changed [XML file lacks the DTD/schema reference].
So, I continued changing these manually. That's where I left out with the above classes.
----
I have also tried using TopLink utilities, namely package-rename & Workbench. Now, w.r.t. the package-rename utility, I don't get any log file. Only from command console, I get to see the count of changed files, as 0. The workbench tool, doesn't run, even if I have updated the Java_Home & Oracle_Driver classpath entries, according to my system-local path.

I am using IBM RSA v9.0 with JDK 1.6 and WebSphere Server 8.5 runtime.
Here I tried installing OEPE, but the IDE didn't allow me. Do you suggest me to install JDeveloper and try migrating the code?

The project I am working with, is an old application, written about 7-8 years back. So, apart from the Java code, I find toplink references in mappings.xml & session.xml. Currently I am stuck with mappings-xml. It doesn't follow any schema/DTD, just having the toplink xml notations [tags]

I appreciate any help, please care to pitch in.
Re: Toplink 9 to EclipseLink migration issue [message #1228150 is a reply to message #1227111] Mon, 06 January 2014 14:29 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
I am not sure at the moment, but the quickest way to find out would be to compile against TopLink 10 and TopLink 11 and record the deprecation warnings. They should include the replacement class name if one was made available. This isn't always the case, so you might want to contact Oracle support to look into the old code to see if there is a class/methods with similar functionality to what you are looking for.

Previous Topic:Change user/pwd on EntityManager in J2EE for auditing
Next Topic:Shared Primary Key examples?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:07:53 GMT 2024