Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse Process Manager (Stardust) » Problems with the source code - need help!
Problems with the source code - need help! [message #1224459] Thu, 26 December 2013 20:34 Go to next message
Markus Kuhn is currently offline Markus KuhnFriend
Hi everyone,

i have so many issues, i don't know where to start. First at all i'm from germany. Excuse my bad english. I'm working on my bachelorthesis and i have to modify the BPMN 2.0. I already have done that and now i have to implement all my changes in an editor. I looked at some of the editors which are open source and stardust seems to have the best documentation and a forum with many users. So it would be very kind if some of you guys could help me and answer my questions.

I did a checkout of the source code of the master branch and two things are not understandable for me. I want to use Eclipse Luna oder Kepler. I checked the branches for both of them out. Now i want to modify the source code. Where do i modify it? Is the code which is checked out the code i can modify or do i have to perform the actions to get a build and then install it first in eclipse?

I have to do many changes and it seems wrong that i have to build it first and install it to control if my changes are okay. I also tried to build it but i get some errors of maven that it can't find eclipse plugin. If you like i can post the full errors.

But my main questions are what exactly is the build and which source code i have to modify.

I hope everything is understandable and someone can help me.

Thanks a lot!
Re: Problems with the source code - need help! [message #1224653 is a reply to message #1224459] Fri, 27 December 2013 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tanmoy Roy is currently offline Tanmoy RoyFriend
Hi Markus,

Do you want to checkout Stardust source code and modify it as per your requirement? Or you are not able to build Stardust from source code?
You can refer to wiki http://wiki.eclipse.org/Stardust/Source_Code

Regards,
Tanmoy
Re: Problems with the source code - need help! [message #1226537 is a reply to message #1224653] Thu, 02 January 2014 02:21 Go to previous message
Robert Emsbach is currently offline Robert EmsbachFriend

Hi Markus,

glad you decided to checkout Stardust. You may have seen that we have two modelers. The Eclipse-based and the bowser-based. Which one do you intend to modify?

Eclipse-based: Here I guess your current issue boils down to the question what the development lifecycle will be. I would recommend to go through an eclipse-plugin development tutorial first, so you know how to run an 'Eclipse with your modified plugins' from within your Eclipse IDE.

Browser-based: The browser-based modeler is closer to BPMN2 and supports the serialization. It is mostly Java script. This may be the easier entry point for your objective.

If you have specific questions then we can certainly help.

Best regards

Rob

Previous Topic:Stardust 1.1
Next Topic:How to suspend process at any time for incoming message?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:40:37 GMT 2024