Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » cleaning deployment
cleaning deployment [message #198981] Mon, 27 August 2007 13:10 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: adam.hardy.no.spam.cyberspaceroad.spam

What does the 'Clean' option on the WTP server view context menu do?

I thought it would clean out the deployment from the webserver for my webapp
(and possibly redeploy).



Thanks
Adam
Re: cleaning deployment [message #198987 is a reply to message #198981] Mon, 27 August 2007 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry IsaacsFriend
Messages: 1310
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Normally the publish operation will try to avoid copying project files
that have already been copied to the server and haven't changed since
the last publish. The "Clean..." command will delete cached information
used to determine what has previously been copied to that server. This
will cause the next publish to copy all files for all projects on that
server.

Cheers,
Larry

adam hardy wrote:
> What does the 'Clean' option on the WTP server view context menu do?
>
> I thought it would clean out the deployment from the webserver for my
> webapp (and possibly redeploy).
>
>
>
> Thanks
> Adam
Re: cleaning deployment [message #199003 is a reply to message #198987] Mon, 27 August 2007 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: adam.hardy.no.spam.cyberspaceroad.spam

Larry, thanks for the info. Is this on a FAQ or wiki or help somewhere? If not,
it should be - I'd be happy to add to a wiki or something.

Larry Isaacs on 27/08/07 16:04, wrote:
> Normally the publish operation will try to avoid copying project files
> that have already been copied to the server and haven't changed since
> the last publish. The "Clean..." command will delete cached information
> used to determine what has previously been copied to that server. This
> will cause the next publish to copy all files for all projects on that
> server.
>
> Cheers,
> Larry
>
> adam hardy wrote:
>> What does the 'Clean' option on the WTP server view context menu do?
>>
>> I thought it would clean out the deployment from the webserver for my
>> webapp (and possibly redeploy).
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>> Adam
Re: cleaning deployment [message #199040 is a reply to message #199003] Tue, 28 August 2007 12:51 Go to previous message
Larry Isaacs is currently offline Larry IsaacsFriend
Messages: 1310
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
You might open a Bugzilla enhancement request for some F1 help for the
dialog or suggest clearer explanation for the dialog text. That would
be the easiest for the user to find.

Larry

adam hardy wrote:
> Larry, thanks for the info. Is this on a FAQ or wiki or help somewhere?
> If not, it should be - I'd be happy to add to a wiki or something.
>
> Larry Isaacs on 27/08/07 16:04, wrote:
>> Normally the publish operation will try to avoid copying project files
>> that have already been copied to the server and haven't changed since
>> the last publish. The "Clean..." command will delete cached
>> information used to determine what has previously been copied to that
>> server. This will cause the next publish to copy all files for all
>> projects on that server.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Larry
>>
>> adam hardy wrote:
>>> What does the 'Clean' option on the WTP server view context menu do?
>>>
>>> I thought it would clean out the deployment from the webserver for my
>>> webapp (and possibly redeploy).
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Adam
Previous Topic:Exploded EAR / hot swapping
Next Topic:Beginner problem with develoing an EAR
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Nov 26 02:09:56 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02196 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software