|Using Sirius on external files (and without the Model Explorer) [message #1221645]
||Wed, 18 December 2013 01:33
| Patrick Floissac
Registered: December 2013
I am creating a RCP application that will contain a diagram editor for domain specific elements called 'scenario' and 'module' (a scenario containing several modules connected together) and I am currently evaluating both Sirius and Graphiti for that purpose.
The rough picture of the application is the following:
- domain specific elements will be persisted in *.scenario files
- another file, next to the .scenario file, will contain the diagram (i.e. the 'representation' in Sirius terms, if my understanding is correct)
- a Tree Viewer will allow the user to browse the file system and to double click on a .scenario file (or the associated diagram) that will open the diagram editor.
It is not clear for me if Sirius can be used in that context as:
- user will not be asked to create projects in the workbench and to place scenarios in them (scenarios/diagrams can be anywhere on the disk)
- we don't expect to reuse the Model Explorer view nor the Sirius or Modelling perspective (we should rather display a simple Tree Viewer showing the contents of the file system).
Can you please tell me if Sirius could match our purpose?
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02171 seconds