Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » importing projects after upgrade failing due to dependencies(unable to import my project after upgrade because of dependencies)
importing projects after upgrade failing due to dependencies [message #1221355] Tue, 17 December 2013 14:04 Go to next message
anthony schorr is currently offline anthony schorrFriend
my apologies if this is an obvious thing, it seems it should be, but as a relative new comer to Jubula i can't figure it out.
I am upgrading to 7.2. I exported my projects, along with the standard projects which I used in mine.

Now I need to get it into the 7.2. The standard unbound modules import just fine, I see them as being able to be opened, but when I now try to import my project I get this everytime:

Project "designer try 2" in version 1.1 requires the following project(s):
- project "unbound_modules_swt" in version 6.1
- project "unbound_modules_concrete" in version 6.1
- project "unbound_modules_rcp" in version 6.1

I have tried importing them all at once with mine last, importing individually, opening one and importing after but nothing seems to work. I also can't seem to have them all open in the test suite browser anymore either, just one at a time.

I had this issue also when I did the previous upgrade but I was not too far along then so I just started over in frustration but now I really need these test cases to be preserved.

Thanks a lot.
Re: importing projects after upgrade failing due to dependencies [message #1221783 is a reply to message #1221355] Wed, 18 December 2013 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Anthony,

so your project uses the unbound modules (ubm) 6.1, right? My first step would be to import all required ubms to my database, see if they were imported correctly and then import my working project. The message which appears in the console seems to be right since you project uses the ubms 6.1. But maybe it´s time to switch to the ubms 7.2. Please check this link before switching versions since some (deprecated) modules have been removed.
Re: importing projects after upgrade failing due to dependencies [message #1221801 is a reply to message #1221783] Wed, 18 December 2013 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the reply! that is exactly what i tried to do, several ways. i imported each of the UMBs at once, then my project, didn't work. tried importing it all as one big import with the UMBs first, didn't work. tried importing each UBM one at a time, then my project, didn't work. so that is my question, why does it not work and how do i get it to work? i was using 6.1 yes and i would be happy to use any version that loads.
i also cannot seem to have all of the UBMs in my Test Suite Browser at once anymore. only one opens at a time, that seems to be something dumb i am not doing yet again but i cannot figure it out.
thanks again.
Re: importing projects after upgrade failing due to dependencies [message #1221853 is a reply to message #1221801] Wed, 18 December 2013 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, this time it worked for some odd reason. i don't get it, but thanks anyhow! hopefully it sticks.
Re: importing projects after upgrade failing due to dependencies [message #1221868 is a reply to message #1221853] Wed, 18 December 2013 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i spoke too soon it seems. now i just get these errors everytime i try to run any case:

7009: Test Execution Error.
The component name "8ab6b08d1a4d08f3011a4d09a496002a" in Test Case "ub_mbr_checkExistenceOfEntry_byTextpath" in Test Step "check whether menu entry exists or not" can not be resolved.
Please make sure that all of your reused Projects are currently available in the database and not marked as missing in the Test Case Browser.

very frustrating to upgrade.
Re: importing projects after upgrade failing due to dependencies [message #1228077 is a reply to message #1221868] Mon, 06 January 2014 11:10 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Anthony,

I'm sorry for your frustration. Did you follow all of the migration instructions and read the release notes for the new version? There are various things that just can't reasonably be done automatically, and so it is important to follow the steps and read the release notes.

If you're still having problems, let us know what version you are updating from and to.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:External AUT Agent Not Working
Next Topic:Combining local data and central data sets?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:43:01 GMT 2024