Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Extension of DefaultDetailComposite
Extension of DefaultDetailComposite [message #1220884] Sun, 15 December 2013 12:06 Go to next message
Richard Ral is currently offline Richard RalFriend
In the eclipse Ecore it is possible to create an abstract class and its children classes. Then you can create another class with property which type is the abstract class. After model code generation, in the model editing tool while specifying the value of this property you can chose over the child classes in order to create a new object. I wounder if there is the same possibility in the diagram editor of bpmn2 to create an object depending on the selected child class and how I need to extend DefaultDetailComposite class
Re: Extension of DefaultDetailComposite [message #1222081 is a reply to message #1220884] Thu, 19 December 2013 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Marat,

I'm Sorry, I completely spaced out and just realized that I never responded to your question Sad

I assume you're talking about the *ItemProvider classes in org.eclipse.bpmn2.edit, yes? These classes are part of the MDT BPMN2 metamodel project, which is a dependency of the BPMN2 Modeler. We wanted to keep the BPMN2 project completely independent from the Modeler and avoid touching that project to suit the Modeler.

There is, however, an extension point in the Modeler Core (org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.core) called "propertyExtension" which is designed exactly for this purpose. We are still working on a Programmer's Guide which will describe all of the public APIs and extension points, but to get started quickly you can get an idea of how this extension point is used by looking at the jBPM Target Runtime extension plugin, org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.runtime.jboss.jbpm5.

Let me know if you run into problems.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: Extension of DefaultDetailComposite [message #1224662 is a reply to message #1222081] Fri, 27 December 2013 11:36 Go to previous message
Richard Ral is currently offline Richard RalFriend
Dear Bob,

Thank you for your response. The problem is that in the GUI property editor I cannot create a new object in the property item list if the class specified for the object is abstract and has children classes. However in the ECore Meta-Model editor I can select from the context menu the child class. So the question is how to make the same possibility to select a child class in the GUI property editor.
If I try to press "plus" button I am getting an error "The class Control is not a valid classifier". But in the editor I can chose which child class to use. I hope I have explained my problem.

Best regards, Marat Abilov
Previous Topic:Custom property tab
Next Topic:Version 1.0.1 is now available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:45:56 GMT 2024