Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Testing/Debugging Framework Fragements(Cannot seem to loaded consume class exported from one framework fragment project in a second framework project.)
Testing/Debugging Framework Fragements [message #1220830] Fri, 13 December 2013 22:27 Go to next message
George Curran is currently offline George CurranFriend
I created a framework fragment project and added the source code for a "logger" class. The manifest option "Activate this plug-in when one of its classes is loaded and the package is added to the "Export-Package" class in the MANIFEST.MF.

I created a second plugin project to test the first one and added the first plugin to the "Required Dependencies" tab "Required Plug-ins" list. An activator was created in the second plugin when I created the project and I added an import and a line of code to test the package/class exported by the first project. It seems to resolve correctly (i.e. no errors in the editor or compile errors). The launch configuration for the framework references both bundles.

When I start the framework, I get an error stating the "Activator" for the second plugin cannot locate the package/class exported by the first plugin even though when I run the "ss" command in the OSGi console, the first (the provider) shows "active".

What am I doing wrong?
Re: Testing/Debugging Framework Fragements [message #1220985 is a reply to message #1220830] Mon, 16 December 2013 14:02 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
You say you created a framework fragment, AND that you checked the "Activate this plug-in when one of its classes is loaded" box. Fragments cannot be activated directly, instead their host bundles are activated. Also, fragments cannot be required by other plug-ins directly.

Are you sure you are creating a framework fragment? Perhaps you should post the two manifests you have. Also, framework fragments are for very specific usecases and should typically not be used. Do you have a reason for using a framework fragment instead of just a normal bundle/plug-in?
Previous Topic:Webstart , equinox launcher which parameters in JNLP file
Next Topic:SecurityException when using Apache Derby with Equinox Servletbridge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:34:04 GMT 2024