Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » No Euro Symbol
No Euro Symbol [message #1220747] Fri, 13 December 2013 11:40 Go to next message
Marina Orth is currently offline Marina OrthFriend
Hello,

i'm trying something like this:

select "€" from dual. The result looks like that: ¬. So replace ¬ with €, and all is good. If i choose a text element and set text to "€" all is good.

Now i want to do this:
select text from table. With text = "hello world. pay with €". The result is looking like that "hello world. pay with ". The euro symbol is not visible...

One other thing: there is a parameter called euro. birt report viewer is integrated in other software. in this software i set parameter euro as "test €" and render the report. result: "test ". The euro symbol is not visible too...

What can i do, to show proberly the € symbol?
Re: No Euro Symbol [message #1220832 is a reply to message #1220747] Fri, 13 December 2013 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Any way you can show me this issue in a sample report? If you have to use sample data other than the sample database, just use a flat file or scripted dataset.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: No Euro Symbol [message #1220926 is a reply to message #1220832] Mon, 16 December 2013 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

i've tested what you said. For a scripted data source all is fine. For a flat file there's also no euro symbol. But no blank like before. There's a square now. See attached file.

Kind regards
  • Attachment: test.zip
    (Size: 2.47KB, Downloaded 22 times)
Re: No Euro Symbol [message #1222214 is a reply to message #1220926] Thu, 19 December 2013 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

For the flat file, if you change the encoding of the .txt file to utf-8, it works fine. So, this issue is happening only when coming from your JDBC database? Let me know. I'll have to try it out.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: No Euro Symbol [message #1222339 is a reply to message #1220747] Fri, 20 December 2013 07:36 Go to previous message
Hi,

for the flat file utf-8 is working. So yes, this issue is happening for jdbc-databases. What should i do?

Kind regards
Previous Topic:Crosstab hiding of columns and rows does not reflect when export to excel/pdf
Next Topic:Empty pie chart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Nov 22 16:55:33 GMT 2014