Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Creating Reports and Getting Information Out of a SysML Model
Creating Reports and Getting Information Out of a SysML Model [message #1220578] Thu, 12 December 2013 15:39 Go to next message
Matt Park is currently offline Matt ParkFriend
I've been experimenting with Papyrus SysML, watching the videos, reading as much as I can find. I'm struggling with getting data out of the model.

Can anyone provide references for customizing reports or tables? I want to make more custom reports around how blocks satisfy requirements,tests verify requirements, specific values and properties ...

Thanks,

Matt
Re: Creating Reports and Getting Information Out of a SysML Model [message #1220706 is a reply to message #1220578] Fri, 13 December 2013 08:41 Go to previous message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
Hi Matt!!

As far I have done/understood/guessed/played around, diagrams can be exported in different formats, I've done that a lot and use PowerPoint to show these pictures to the stakeholders. I have found PowerPoint better than Word for this due to the landscape format and the "clean page".

If you want to be quick, simply select the elements in a diagram, copy, and paste in any Office application, and you get a png illustration. Tables (I think, try it!) can also be copy/pasted to Office.

But that is about what there is to play around with, at least until the guys and girls working with GenDoc (see Topcased/Polarsys) makes their wizardry and makes GenDoc usable for Papyrus diagrams. Don't know if Gendoc will become available for anyone that don't use Topcased/Polarsys IDE though.

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Previous Topic:Plugin vs. stand alone version
Next Topic:UML Profile as an Eclipse Plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:59:08 GMT 2024