Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Conditionally enable/disable custom builders
Conditionally enable/disable custom builders [message #1220338] Wed, 11 December 2013 08:24
Simon Taddiken is currently offline Simon TaddikenFriend
Hi guys,

I'm currently encountering the following issue: I have a project which when being launched, loads some plugins from jar files.
For each plugin there is a separate Eclipse project with a custom Ant Builder: This builder automatically compiles the plugin, creates a jar file and copies it to the main project's plugin folder.
Now I'm encountering following problem: When debugging and using code hot swapping, the Ant builder would repack the jar and override the existing one which then leads to IOExceptions within the classloader which loaded the plugin.
So what I would like to do is, disabling the Ant Builder while the main program is being run or debugged within Eclipse. I found no such option but maybe there exists a workaround?
Previous Topic:From String signature to o.e.j.internal.compiler.lookup.TypeBinding?
Next Topic:JavaDoc on hover loading like forever
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:07:42 GMT 2024