Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Tips to explore the java project which contains more than 3000 java files
Tips to explore the java project which contains more than 3000 java files [message #1220312] Wed, 11 December 2013 04:36 Go to next message
Aditya Pavan Devisetty is currently offline Aditya Pavan DevisettyFriend
Hi,

I have an open source eclipse project which is developed by PhD Students and it contains more than 3000 java files, I need to explore this project. Can any one please give me some suggestions/ guidance , how to explore the project?

If this question is not related to this forum , plz tell me the right forum to ask this kind of questions.
Re: Tips to explore the java project which contains more than 3000 java files [message #1230032 is a reply to message #1220312] Fri, 10 January 2014 20:55 Go to previous message
Aaron Carson is currently offline Aaron CarsonFriend
If you need to simply manage viewing the files, classes, etc without them being in one long list, try changing your Package Presentation setting from "Flat" to "Heiarchical" under the Package Explorer (View Menu -> Package Presentation -> Heirarchical). This will only help if you don't store all of your java files in one package, as it allows you to collapse view of packages you don't need to access.
Previous Topic:How To Contribute Wiki
Next Topic:Does eclipse save project errors in any log files???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:21:13 GMT 2024