Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster dev » Re: [buckminster-dev] Strange resolver behaviour when resolving PDE plugins - using "native&quo
Re: [buckminster-dev] Strange resolver behaviour when resolving PDE plugins - using "native&quo [message #18863] Tue, 27 May 2008 10:31
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3228
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Mikhail,
What platform are you using? Is it an Eclipse 3.3.x or 3.4.x? And what
is the version on your org.eclipse.buckminster.core.feature?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren


Mikhail Kadan wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Found another strange issue.
>
> In my target platform I have two versions of "org.eclipse.emf.common":
> 1) 2.3.0
> 2) 2.3.2
>
> Issue #1: When I try to resolve "org.eclipse.emf.common" w/o version
> specification, Buckminster gives me "2.3.0" version. Strange, cause it
> has to give me the latest version, am I right?
>
> Issue #2: When I try to resolve "org.eclipse.emf.common" with version
> specification set to "[2.3.1,3.0.0)", Buckminster returns an error.
> Log says:
>
> ...
> org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resolver rmap
> org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Version
> 2.3.0.v200709252135 rejected: not designated by [2.3.1,3.0.0)
> org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Rejecting
> provider eclipse.platform(plugin/${buckminster.component}): No
> component match was found
> org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resource
> map file:/C:/Work/workspaces/xdoc/bm/xdoc.rmap
> org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: No searchPath
> was found with a matching pattern
> org.eclipse.emf.common:osgi.bundle/[2.3.1,3.0.0)#OSGi: Using resolver
> cloudsmith
> ...
>
> So, based on this two issues, I think Buckminster ignores my second
> plugin. I guess Buckminster's "eclipse.platform" support only one
> version of plugin, and he takes the first one in lexicographical order?
>
> What can be done to fix this issue? Or I just have to remove old
> plugins from my target platform? :-)
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> ps I've used "Refresh Meta-data" button from Buckminster preferences,
> but it didn't help too :'(
>
> 2008/5/26, Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se <mailto:thomas@tada.se>>:
>
> Hi Mikhail,
>
> Mikhail Kadan wrote:
>
>
> So I can made a conclusion, that Buckminster also searches his
> "native" target platform (target platform which was used to
> start Eclipse), and if it finds a match here, which has bigger
> version than others, it will try to materialize this plugin
> from "native" platform.
>
> Yes, your conclusion is correct.
>
> How can I set Buckminster not to look in his "native" target
> platform for plugins?
>
> You declare an advisory node in the component query where you omit
> the target platform from the resolution scope (see the "Resolution
> Scope" pane under the "Advisor node" tab in the CQUERY editor.
>
>
>
> ps By the way, can anyone provide example how
> "eclipse.platform" reader works? I've tried such RMAP but
> couldn't get it to work:
>
> The "eclipse.platform" reader type is for internal use only. You
> should not use it in an RMAP.
>
>
> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren
>
> _______________________________________________
> buckminster-dev mailing list
> buckminster-dev@eclipse.org <mailto:buckminster-dev@eclipse.org>
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> buckminster-dev mailing list
> buckminster-dev@eclipse.org
> https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/buckminster-dev
>
Previous Topic:Re: [buckminster-dev] Strange resolver behaviour when resolving PDE plugins - using "native&quo
Next Topic:Re: [buckminster-dev] Strange resolver behaviour when resolving PDE plugins - using "native&quo
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Aug 22 11:42:59 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.10258 seconds