|Milestone 3.10.0-M4 [message #1219671]
||Thu, 05 December 2013 10:51
| Judith Gull
Registered: February 2010
We would like to announce some larger changes planned for the upcoming milestone 3.10.0-M4 (20th December 2013). The changes require some migration in Scout projects. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reply.
1) With Bugzilla 420491 several JRE 1.3 relevant code will be replaced with JRE 1.6+ implementations.
- ICodeType, ICode, ILookupRow, ILookupService, ICodeRow and all its implementations become generic.
- Several (return-) parameters will be changed from array to typed lists.
- SmartFields allowing custom text become its own field 'ProposalField'. So the 'allowCustomText' member will be removed from ISmartField. The lookupCall and codeType members on IContentAssistField (common super class of ISmartField and IProposalField) will be typed.
2) We will remove all methods/classes/attributes marked with "@deprecated will be removed in 3.10.0". Moreover, we will also remove some "@deprecated" statements which are older than the 3.9.0 release. More specifically, the following functionality will be removed:
- Legacy Testing Support: Legacy Integration Tests (e.g. DrilldownOutlineUnitTest) will be removed and should be replaced by junit based tests. See also Bugzilla 403310
- We intend to support only the following Eclipse Platforms with Scout 3.10:
Scout RT: 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 4.4
Scout SDK: 3.7, 3.8, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
- SQL Support in Client Code: SQL Code in the Scout Client was already deprecated in Scout 3.7. We plan to remove it with Scout 3.11, because it requires a larger migration. SQL in search forms needs to be migrated to the server. There will be no migration support: (Bugzilla 403545 will be closed)
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02364 seconds