Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Zest custom node with ports(Create something like a logic diagram (AND, OR, ...))
Zest custom node with ports [message #1219542] Wed, 04 December 2013 14:31 Go to next message
Mohamed Hussein is currently offline Mohamed HusseinFriend
Hi,

I would like to create something like a logic diagram where Nodes have ports and those ports can connect to other ports on other nodes.

Is there a way to do that with Zest?

Is there a way to create a composite node (so a single node is actually a figure for node and another for each port, connections are made using the "port" figures)

Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Mohamed.
Re: Zest custom node with ports [message #1219543 is a reply to message #1219542] Wed, 04 December 2013 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi,

sadly, Zest does not have any notion of ports, thus it is not easy to solve it.

On the other hand, with some limitations it is possible to create sub-nodes (have a look at the GraphContainer class). If you combine these GraphContainers with custom Figures, it might solve your issue.

Cheers,
Zoli
Re: Zest custom node with ports [message #1219544 is a reply to message #1219543] Wed, 04 December 2013 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohamed Hussein is currently offline Mohamed HusseinFriend
Thanks a lot Zoltan for the quick reply.

Do you think it would be easier to do what I want with GEF? It will be just for visualization (no editing), will GEF be much of an overhead over Zest in this case?

Thanks again.
Mohamed.

Best Regards,
Mohamed.
Re: Zest custom node with ports [message #1219545 is a reply to message #1219544] Wed, 04 December 2013 14:42 Go to previous message
Zoltan Ujhelyi is currently offline Zoltan UjhelyiFriend
Hi,

well, I am not sure. If you want to use only very simple layouts, it should be simple to do it in GEF. If you want to use more complex layouts, I would rather experiment a bit with Zest to understand how much custom code would be needed.

Cheers,
Zoltán
Previous Topic:GEF feature questions
Next Topic:[Zest] EMF, adapters and Zest graph
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:56:54 GMT 2024