Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Reference of row objects
Reference of row objects [message #1219306] Tue, 03 December 2013 09:12 Go to next message
Rajesh Arumugam is currently offline Rajesh ArumugamFriend
Hi All,

By using most of the nattable features, i came out of solution that my client like it very much. Along with the existing feature, I have added one more feature to paste the copied content (from clipboard) into the selected cells. This feature behaves just like we perform copy-paste operation in Excel.

Here is my requirement :

Assumption : I have a column - "ID", which will be unique through out this table.

I copied some values from a row and paste the content into another row. When I perform this operation, I am making ID column value of the pasted row to be same as that of copied row along with other copied cell values.

Now, my new row object should reflect the same value as like source row. But if i edit any value in the new row, the same should be reflected in the old row(or source row), since both contains same ID and refer same object.

Can i do this? I hope nattable will give me an option to do this as well. Smile Smile Smile
Re: Reference of row objects [message #1219308 is a reply to message #1219306] Tue, 03 December 2013 09:18 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
NatTable is technically only a viewer on a list of data. So if your feature is doing exactly what you are saying to the list content, then it is possible. This means, if you are really referencing the same object in the list, or better, having two entries in your list that reference the same instance, your good to go.

The only thing you need to do is to call the appropriate refresh event on the other row, as for optimization only the cell that is currently edited will be refreshed on edit.
Previous Topic:Unable to retrieve index in model from selection
Next Topic:Scrolling by pixels programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:32:55 GMT 2024