Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Model Validation with Papyrus
Model Validation with Papyrus [message #1219236] Mon, 02 December 2013 20:16 Go to next message
Tyler Lee is currently offline Tyler LeeFriend
Dear Members,

How does Papyrus provide an interface to parse and validate the UML2 models? Taking a look at the UML2 Eclipse package I have noticed that there were Java files generated for the metamodel however there is not schema (.xsd) available for UML2. How do these files (e.g. BehavioredClassifier.java which is one of the elements of UML2) get generated? Is validation based upon these Java files?

Many thanks,
Tyler

[Updated on: Tue, 03 December 2013 18:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Moding with Papyrus [message #1219319 is a reply to message #1219236] Tue, 03 December 2013 10:35 Go to previous message
Furkan Eke is currently offline Furkan EkeFriend
Hello Lee,

In Eclipse in general there exists always an ecore model regarding referenced metamodel and validation. This is also true for UML. In the UML plugins you have a file uml.ecore, based on which the validation happens.

New Papyrus project inside the Eclipse does not have a generator for itself, you are to find yourself through existing mechanisms in Eclipse if you are not targeting Java and Eclipse i would recommend Acceleo. For Eclipse based Java target i would definitely recommend using the Ecore. There are enough documentation on Ecore and its code generation patterns.

This are my personal understanding, maybe some more experienced people can help better.
Previous Topic:Lifeline refers to one instance of a class?
Next Topic:SysML Drag&Drop is not possible for associations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:14:57 GMT 2024