Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problems with "Export all" option(When I select Test>Export all option, my project is not exported)
Problems with "Export all" option [message #1219110] Mon, 02 December 2013 02:53 Go to next message
Laura Gutierrez is currently offline Laura GutierrezFriend
Hi,
I have a problem exporting my project. I have installed Jubula 1.3 on Windows 7, I have a project called Project1, I am using a database Mysql. I need to migrate to the Jubula 7.2 version.
When I select Test>Export all, the following is displayed in the console:

Exporting projects...
Exporting unbound_modules_rcp_6.1.xml...
Finished exporting unbound_modules_rcp_6.1.xml.
Exporting unbound_modules_concrete_6.1.xml...
Finished exporting unbound_modules_concrete_6.1.xml.
Exporting unbound_modules_swt_6.1.xml...
Finished exporting unbound_modules_swt_6.1.xml.
Exporting unbound_modules_html_6.1.xml...
Finished exporting unbound_modules_html_6.1.xml.
Exporting Project1_1.0.xml...

But, my project Project1, version 1.0 never is exported.

I have tried with the option Test>Export, but I am getting the same results.

Also, I have tried it with the dbtool.exe tool, executing the command "dbtool -data E:\Documentos\Avantica\WorkSpaceJubula -export Project1 -dbpw 123456 -dburl jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jubula -dbuser root", but the xml file is generated empty.

I need to update my project and scripst for running it on Windows and Mac. I don't know that more to try.

Please I need your help. I have many weeks trying it, but I have not gotten good results. Sad

Or If there is any other way to migrate Jubula of 1.3 version to 7.2, please, let me know. Smile

Thanks.

Regards,

Laura.
Re: Problems with "Export all" option [message #1219187 is a reply to message #1219110] Mon, 02 December 2013 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

You might be running into an out of memory problem. This normally happens only on very large projects or if you have an enormous amount of test results in the db. As a work around you can change the startup parameters and add additional heap space to Jubula. I'm not sure at when the 64bit versions were introduced, but you can look for a 64bit version which can read your db.

- Achim
Re: Problems with "Export all" option [message #1219415 is a reply to message #1219187] Tue, 03 December 2013 17:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laura Gutierrez is currently offline Laura GutierrezFriend
Hi,

Thank you.

I have some questions about your answers, Which parameters do I need to change? and how can I change the startup parameters and add additional heap space to jubula.

I tried with Jubula 64 bits, 7.2 version, but it did not work. I got an error message telling me that I need to migrate my project, because there are compatibility problems

Please, I appreciate help me with this. I really need to migrate my project, it is very important.

Regards,

Laura.

Re: Problems with "Export all" option [message #1220166 is a reply to message #1219415] Tue, 10 December 2013 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

To change the heap size you have to edit jubula.ini (which resides in the same directory as jubula.exe). Change -Xmx1250m to something like 1400m or whatever works on your machine. Make sure you use an editor which preserves the line breaks (notepad will not work, wordpad probably will). Make a backup of the file before changing it because Jubula won't start if you make an error while editing the file.
The 1400m is something which depends on the machine you are using. You might have to tweak this value to get the maximum amount for your environment.

- Achim
Re: Problems with "Export all" option [message #1229105 is a reply to message #1220166] Wed, 08 January 2014 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karla Mata is currently offline Karla MataFriend
Hello,

I made the change above in my computer, but I still have the problem with the exporting. Do you have any other solution?

Regards,
Re: Problems with "Export all" option [message #1229763 is a reply to message #1229105] Fri, 10 January 2014 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Just to let you know, I'm going to ask for some ideas and suggestions from the team. Thanks for your patience.

Alex
Re: Problems with "Export all" option [message #1229916 is a reply to message #1229763] Fri, 10 January 2014 14:39 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

For the migration, I can tell you that there are now older versions of the standalone (7.1, 2.0 (7.0), and 1.3) on the testing portal:
http://testing.bredex.de/sw-doku-downloads.html

Perhaps you will be able to use e.g. the Mac 1.3 version on a 64-bit Mac system to export the project.

Let us know if that helps.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Jubula ALM Mantis Exception by reporting results
Next Topic:Can Jubula under linux write own xml.result file after test ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:17:23 GMT 2024