Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » [Acceleo] Custom DSL and Acceleo - questions(Generating code from Sirius DSL using Acceleo)
[Acceleo] Custom DSL and Acceleo - questions [message #1219104] Sun, 01 December 2013 23:35 Go to next message
sninja sninja is currently offline sninja sninjaFriend
Hi,

Just starting with Acceleo and it looks great. Only contact till now was through Sirius project. I've read basic stuff and went through this forum, so here are my questions:

1. Can I use graphical diagram created with Sirius as model from which I will generate code with Acceleo? I know that diagram is split into two files: one for semantic data (practically XML file), and .aird file for graphical data. So, can I use that XML file as model? And, since both projects originated from Obeo, is there some easy way to combine them? Surprised

2. What is the difference between Acceleo and Freemarker? I realise that with both you could create templates for any kind of code: html, Java, Python etc. My question is more in the context of the learning curve and overall features. Acceleo seems to me much more accessible, but I'm beginner Very Happy

Thanks.
Re: [Acceleo] Custom DSL and Acceleo - questions [message #1221370 is a reply to message #1219104] Tue, 17 December 2013 14:44 Go to previous message
Siegfried Nolte is currently offline Siegfried NolteFriend
Hi Sninja,

I am not that familiar with Sirius and neither with Freemarker. Yet let me say some words.

First (2): Freemarker and Acceleo are both template engines for model to text transformation. Whereas Freemarker takes any formal input, say any XML as far as I know, Acceleo is based on the OMG's MOF M2T concept. So it needs models for transformation input, that are build with formal modeling languages, for instance UML or another metamodel based modeling language.

And (1): As far as Sirius is an Eclipse project and it delivers some Eclipse models for instance represented in Ecore, it will work with Acceleo.

Siegfried
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] How to Break a For Loop
Next Topic:[Xpand] loop with separator ,
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 16:10:10 GMT 2024