Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » Eclipse 3.3 and JBoss 4.2 for JEE
Eclipse 3.3 and JBoss 4.2 for JEE [message #195860] Sun, 08 July 2007 14:18 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: balajio.hotmail.com

Hi Everybody,

I just downloaded Eclipse Europa release and also JBoss AS 4.2.

I am trying to develop some simple EJBs to get a feel of the features
introduced in JEE 5. Both Eclipse and JBoss claim to support the latest
version of JEE but I am running into problems.

Specifically:
1. Eclipse is relying on XDoclet to generate the deployment descriptors
and XDoclet v1.2.3 is using J2EE v1.4 standard. I am getting errors about
SessionBean and EntityBean not found. These go away if I include the
jboss-j2ee.jar in the classpath.
2. I got the JBoss IDE plugin v1.6 for Eclipse. I am having similar issues
here as well.

So, my question is - if I want to write EJBs using annotations of JEE, how
should I configure Eclipse to generate all the required files conforming
to JEE 5 and used with JBoss v4.2 ? Or, are the plugins required for this
still in development/beta ?

TIA
balajio
Re: Eclipse 3.3 and JBoss 4.2 for JEE [message #195897 is a reply to message #195860] Tue, 10 July 2007 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: wknauf_NO_._INSIDE_hg-online.de

Hi !

You cannot use XDoclet for JavaEE5 ejbs. So, for adding an entity or session
bean to your project, you simply add a plain java class and add the necessary
annotations. I don't know any wizard for this, the WTP session and entity bean
wizards are only for J2EE <= 1.4.

Anyway, there should be no need to add "jboss-j2ee.jar" to your project because
the JBoss plugin in WTP 2.0 adds all JARs it finds in the common JBoss lib
directories.

Hope this helps

Wolfgang

balajio wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I just downloaded Eclipse Europa release and also JBoss AS 4.2.
>
> I am trying to develop some simple EJBs to get a feel of the features
> introduced in JEE 5. Both Eclipse and JBoss claim to support the latest
> version of JEE but I am running into problems.
>
> Specifically:
> 1. Eclipse is relying on XDoclet to generate the deployment descriptors
> and XDoclet v1.2.3 is using J2EE v1.4 standard. I am getting errors
> about SessionBean and EntityBean not found. These go away if I include
> the jboss-j2ee.jar in the classpath.
> 2. I got the JBoss IDE plugin v1.6 for Eclipse. I am having similar
> issues here as well.
>
> So, my question is - if I want to write EJBs using annotations of JEE,
> how should I configure Eclipse to generate all the required files
> conforming to JEE 5 and used with JBoss v4.2 ? Or, are the plugins
> required for this still in development/beta ?
>
> TIA
> balajio
>
Re: Eclipse 3.3 and JBoss 4.2 for JEE [message #196236 is a reply to message #195897] Thu, 12 July 2007 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: balajio.hotmail.com

Thank you for the reply. I agree with what you say about JEE EJBs.

I don't need to include jboss-j2ee.jar if I am not using xdoclet.
According to the documentation included with Eclipse 3.3, the examples
show creating EJBs with xdoclet and I thought that was dated (J2EE 1.4 or
earlier).

How are the deployment descriptor and other configuration files generated
for JBoss or any other application server ? I was hoping some wizard would
do that but if it has to be done manually, I can do that. I guess Eclipse
and application servers still have to implement all the features of JEE 5.

balajio
Re: Eclipse 3.3 and JBoss 4.2 for JEE [message #196252 is a reply to message #196236] Thu, 12 July 2007 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: wknauf_NO_._INSIDE_hg-online.de

Hi Balajio,

the wizards for JavaEE5 modules provide an checkbox "create deployment
descriptors" which create default ejb-jar.xml, application.xml and so on.
But beware: this will not work if you create an EAR with default modules. You
have to create an empty EAR and add the modules one by one afterwards with this
option checked (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=181894).

For JBoss specific deployment descriptors there is no WTP support unfortunately.
Just for your information: JBoss 4.2 supports all JavaEE5 deployment descriptors.

Best regards

Wolfgang

balajio wrote:

>
> How are the deployment descriptor and other configuration files
> generated for JBoss or any other application server ? I was hoping some
> wizard would do that but if it has to be done manually, I can do that. I
> guess Eclipse and application servers still have to implement all the
> features of JEE 5.
>
> balajio
>
Re: Eclipse 3.3 and JBoss 4.2 for JEE [message #196492 is a reply to message #196252] Mon, 16 July 2007 20:56 Go to previous message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: balajio.hotmail.com

Wolfgang Knauf wrote:

> Hi Balajio,

> the wizards for JavaEE5 modules provide an checkbox "create deployment
> descriptors" which create default ejb-jar.xml, application.xml and so on.
> But beware: this will not work if you create an EAR with default modules.
You
> have to create an empty EAR and add the modules one by one afterwards with
this
> option checked (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=181894).

> For JBoss specific deployment descriptors there is no WTP support
unfortunately.
> Just for your information: JBoss 4.2 supports all JavaEE5 deployment
descriptors.

> Best regards

> Wolfgang

> balajio wrote:

>>
>> How are the deployment descriptor and other configuration files
>> generated for JBoss or any other application server ? I was hoping some
>> wizard would do that but if it has to be done manually, I can do that. I
>> guess Eclipse and application servers still have to implement all the
>> features of JEE 5.
>>
>> balajio
>>


Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you again for the response.

Best regards
balajio
Previous Topic:Integration of BIRT + Web application
Next Topic:BEA releases WebLogic Server Tools for Eclipse 3.3
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Oct 21 21:48:37 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01664 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software