Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » central data set value ignored
central data set value ignored [message #1211395] Tue, 26 November 2013 12:13 Go to next message
Sascha Winkler is currently offline Sascha WinklerFriend
hey,

i had a silly behaviour at jubula, using central data sets. I'm created a central data set, containing the argument PATH and PROJECT. I use this central data set at two teststeps. The first only uses the PATH argument, the other needs both of them.

In one moment everything is allright and the tests will be passed. A few moments later, without changing anything at the central data configuration or one of the test steps using it, the testcase using both arguments displays an error.
This error is marked by an red cross in the Test Suit Browser. If i click on the teststep, in the properties the Project Parameter is empty. When i open the Test Suit in an Editor, the Test step is not marked and if i select the teststep in this editor the project parameter is filled with the right String. The error at the Test Suite browser is highlighted all the time!

What can I do? I don't understand this behaviour

using jubula 2.1.1.201xx as eclipse plugin.

best regards
Sascha
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1219119 is a reply to message #1211395] Mon, 02 December 2013 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Sascha,

It sounds like it could be a decoration problem. Sometimes the decorator in the Test Suite Browser is out of sync. If there is a problem shown in the problems view, then that would actually mean that data are missing. Refreshing the project usually gives the decorator a kick start.

Hope that helps,
Alex
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1219130 is a reply to message #1219119] Mon, 02 December 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I'm sorry refreshing the Project doesn't help anyway. I also tried to restart eclipse. I can solve the Problem when i remove the argument PROJECT at the central data set and adding it again. But a few minutes later the same Problem will occurs.

greetings
Sascha
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1219133 is a reply to message #1219130] Mon, 02 December 2013 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

What is the problems view saying the problem is?
Are you working with categories in the central data sets?
Can you post some images of the test cases and central data set involved?

Thanks,
Alex
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1219153 is a reply to message #1219133] Mon, 02 December 2013 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

the error is "Incomplete "Englisch (Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika)" Test Data for node "save project"."

I had attached 3 files. The first shows the error in Test Suite Browser and the related Property View, where the PROJECT agrument is missing. The second shows the Central Data Set and the third shows the Test Case, where the argument is filled, without doing anything except opening this test step in an editor.

greetings,
Sascha
  • Attachment: 1error.png
    (Size: 52.62KB, Downloaded 178 times)
  • Attachment: 2centralData.png
    (Size: 44.42KB, Downloaded 203 times)
  • Attachment: 3noError.png
    (Size: 30.96KB, Downloaded 181 times)
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1219350 is a reply to message #1219153] Tue, 03 December 2013 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I'm sorry for the trouble. I had to reboot my computer and after this I had a additional String at my Central Data Set with a long alphanumeric name. I deleted this String from the data set and now everything is fine. I don't know why. A additional Paramter should not occuring such behaviour, but now it works.

best regards,
Sascha
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1219362 is a reply to message #1219350] Tue, 03 December 2013 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hm. That is indeed very odd, but I'm glad it's working now!
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1219704 is a reply to message #1219362] Thu, 05 December 2013 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey again,

the error is occurred with the same symptoms again. But there is no additional parameters at the central test data at this time.
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220152 is a reply to message #1219704] Tue, 10 December 2013 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sascha,

The only thing that comes to mind right now is this:
- Does the test case that's causing problems have the central data set at its place of specification (i.e. if you press F3 on it from within the editor, is the central data set added for the centrally defined test case), or is the central data set added at the place where you've reused the test case (in the editor, for example)? Or perhaps you've used it at both?

As a workaround, it might help to either:
- remove the central data set, save the test case and re-add it
- remove the test case and re-add it.

If you can define how you can reproduce the problem, then provide any details you can.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220497 is a reply to message #1220152] Thu, 12 December 2013 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Alex,

the central data set is added where the test step is reused. I will try to use the central data set at the testcase itself. Also I will try your workarounds. It might take some time, because it allways takes a few hours or days until the error occurs again.

Sascha
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220555 is a reply to message #1220497] Thu, 12 December 2013 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey,

I'm sorry, but all your hints have not helped. The error occurs again and again. Seems that I have to avoid the central data set.
Actually the error occurs every time I load the test from the Database. This also happens if I'm not closing eclipse and only open an other Project and then my Project again.
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220561 is a reply to message #1220555] Thu, 12 December 2013 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to hear that. Can you reproduce the behaviour in a small example project and add it to the thread?
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220570 is a reply to message #1220561] Thu, 12 December 2013 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes, I can reproduce the error in a small test project. The error only occurs if I add a second test case, using a part of the central data set, that already was used in the first one. You will finding the exported project as attachment
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220577 is a reply to message #1220570] Thu, 12 December 2013 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the upload. In the project you sent, the error is correct - the central data set is missing a value for the "VALUE" parameter - and this is correctly shown in the Test Suite.
If I've misunderstood, let me know.
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220579 is a reply to message #1220577] Thu, 12 December 2013 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats odd, in my jubula there is a parameter called Value. it is filled with the string "blupp"

EDIT: I also found VALUE with the value "blupp" directly in the xml file!

[Updated on: Thu, 12 December 2013 15:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220584 is a reply to message #1220579] Thu, 12 December 2013 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's odd. When I import the project, the datasets view contains three parameters: DURATION, NAME, VALUE. blupp is in NAME.

What happens when you export the test project, delete it and then reimport it? Do you get the same behaviour?

Can you see whether adding a new parameter in the central data set causes this behaviour?
  • Attachment: datasets.png
    (Size: 3.20KB, Downloaded 164 times)
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220756 is a reply to message #1220584] Fri, 13 December 2013 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, so this is strange.

in the central test data the properties are set correct. When i open the edit view, everything is alright, too. Only when I select a teststep at the Suite Browser, the Properties are wrong. In this case "blupp" was used as name! You cann see this at the pics Wink

After Importing the xml again the VALUE argument is empty, but there is no error displayed.

What did you mean with your last question?

[Updated on: Fri, 13 December 2013 12:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220782 is a reply to message #1220756] Fri, 13 December 2013 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We're getting there Smile
Now if we could just find out how to get from a fresh project to this state. Obviously it worked once - can you see if you can find out what steps you need to take to get the project into this state?

My last question was in this direction as well - that maybe something is fundamentally wrong in the dataset.

Keep me updated.
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1220977 is a reply to message #1220782] Mon, 16 December 2013 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Problem is, at my main Project I can solve the error by editing the data set, undo the changes and save the data set again. When i reopen this main project the error occurs again. At the simple test project I was not able to reproduce this behaviour. Perhaps i can try to export and import my main project, but i don't want to remove it from the workspace. Can I import the project with an other name?
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1228080 is a reply to message #1220977] Mon, 06 January 2014 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

you could use another database - just add e.g. a new embedded database via the preferences that points to a folder that's not the default home folder. Then you can use that database as a sandbox with the same project.

Thanks!
Alex
Re: central data set value ignored [message #1296730 is a reply to message #1228080] Tue, 15 April 2014 06:47 Go to previous message
Sascha,

Just yesterday we found an issue that reminded me of yours [1].
Maybe some of the information in there can help you to workaround / reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
Alex

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=432747
Previous Topic:Adding checks to Teststyle
Next Topic:cant get component properties in object mapping mode
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:40:03 GMT 2024