Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » How to open a compare editor with a comparison object
How to open a compare editor with a comparison object [message #1209485] Mon, 25 November 2013 14:45 Go to next message
Alain BUFFET is currently offline Alain BUFFETFriend
Hi everybody

I'm currently in the process of migrating our application code from Emf Compare version 1.3 to version 2+
We use the API to display differences between 2 models.

In the previous version, the compare editor was open with a ComparisonResourceSnapshot object.
With the new version, it seems that the compare editor must be open with a Comparison object.

Unfortunately, this topic is still pending in the wiki.

But here I found what I need.

The last step for me, is to know where I can find a valid release 2.1M4, as it is stated in the doc.

In my plugin dependencies, I try with a plugin in version 2.2.0 M3
org.eclipse.emf.compare_3.1.0.201311121322.jar
and 2.1.2
org.eclipse.emf.compare_3.0.1.201310031412.jar

But it does not contain the classes EMFCompareEditingDomain, ComparisonEditorInput, ICompareEditingDomain or they are not visible.

So where can I find the required version of the plugin to open a compare editor with a comparison object ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Alain
Re: How to open a compare editor with a comparison object [message #1211040 is a reply to message #1209485] Tue, 26 November 2013 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mikael Barbero is currently offline Mikael BarberoFriend
Hi Alain,

As stated on the wiki page, ComparisonEditorInput and ComparisonScopeEditorInput "[...] are available from the org.eclipse.emf.compare.ide.ui plug-in, in the package org.eclipse.emf.compare.ide.ui.internal.editor".

However, we did not stated where *CompareEditingDomain were located. I fixed it on the wiki page. They are located in the org.eclipse.emf.compare.edit plug-in.

To sum up, you will need these dependencies:

org.eclipse.emf.compare
org.eclipse.emf.compare.edit
org.eclipse.emf.compare.ide.ui

Be aware that ComparisonEditorInput and ComparisonScopeEditorInput are still provisional APIs and we are planning to open up this API for Luna (June 2014). So you may see breakage in the next few month if you stick with milestone builds.

Best regards,

Mikael Barbero
Obeo
Re: How to open a compare editor with a comparison object [message #1211453 is a reply to message #1211040] Tue, 26 November 2013 12:47 Go to previous message
Alain BUFFET is currently offline Alain BUFFETFriend

thank you very much, Mikael
Previous Topic:Set equality helper
Next Topic:[Bug?] NullPointerException in ReferenceChangeMerger#moveElement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:16:54 GMT 2024