Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Mylyn / Jira : Broken hierachy(Hierachy of Sub-Tasks and Stories isn't always correct)
Mylyn / Jira : Broken hierachy [message #1209112] Mon, 25 November 2013 10:42 Go to next message
Gilles Iachelini is currently offline Gilles IacheliniFriend
We are using Mylyn 3.8.2 with Eclipse 3.7.2 and JIRA v6.1.3.

We are fetching our items from JIRA by referencing a JIRA filter which provides all the stories and sub-tasks from the current sprint.
The result is, that a couple of stories are shown correctly in the Task List (correct means: Story is a node and subtasks are its children). But lots of other subtasks aren't placed below their story nodes.
Its probably more related to the JIRA connector, because I assume the connector is responsible to fetch and preprocess data so that mylyn can properly handle it.
Buuuut maybe someone encountered that problem too and knows where to look.

Thanks.
Gilles
Re: Mylyn / Jira : Broken hierachy [message #1209956 is a reply to message #1209112] Mon, 25 November 2013 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
It's possible the connector is returning the right tasks but they are filtered. You might want to try checking Advanced Filters > Show Subtasks not Matching Query in the Task List view menu (the little triangle in the top right corner).

Sam
Re: Mylyn / Jira : Broken hierachy [message #1211413 is a reply to message #1209956] Tue, 26 November 2013 12:23 Go to previous message
Gilles Iachelini is currently offline Gilles IacheliniFriend
Thanks for your reply.
I fiddled around with the filter settings, but I wasn't able to achieve the goal to get the proper Story-Subtask-Hierachy back.
I found out though, whenever I delete the jira filter and reapply it, everything is properly sorted. Are there probably some values cached between 2 sprints?
Previous Topic:Mylyn 3.10 Available
Next Topic:Wikitext: textile>xlsfo>pdf
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:55:48 GMT 2024