Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File
Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File [message #1200475] Thu, 21 November 2013 08:56 Go to next message
Daniel Zimmermann is currently offline Daniel ZimmermannFriend
Hi,

please don't ask, why it has to be an applet - I'm not happy with it at all, but that's my task...

As far as I can tell I set up all the necessary stuff in the fxbuild file and exported the app. While the jar itself is executable (I tried it), the applet always fails to load.
I set up the Control Panel (reduced the security and added an Exception with the file reference of the generated HTML page) and tried to start the app. When I (re)load the page, the Java-Console fires up and informs me, that there is a problem with the persmission to read the jar file:
java.security.AccessControlException: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "C:\Eclipse\workspace-4.3-2\MyAppletFX\build\deploy\MyApplet.jar" "read")

I have to admit: I never liked Applet so I never even build one. I have no clue, what the problem is with it, right now...

Can someone give me a tip? Do you need to see the generated HTML-Code? The fxbuild?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Re: Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File [message #1200476 is a reply to message #1200475] Thu, 21 November 2013 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope it has nothing to do with the plethora of libraries I needed to include in the app, but on the other hand I only see some "CacheEntry"s on the Java-Console, indicating, that there is no obvious problem...

CacheEntry[file:/C:/Eclipse/workspace-4.3-2/MyAppletFX/build/deploy/libs/log4j-1.2.17.jar]: updateAvailable=false,lastModified=Thu Nov 21 09:28:45 CET 2013,length=489883
Re: Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File [message #1200523 is a reply to message #1200476] Thu, 21 November 2013 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Did you see the "deploy javafx 2 web application" thread from a few days
ago? Could it be the same problem, because I'm not

Tom

On 21.11.13 10:00, Daniel Zimmermann wrote:
> I hope it has nothing to do with the plethora of libraries I needed to
> include in the app, but on the other hand I only see some "CacheEntry"s
> on the Java-Console, indicating, that there is no obvious problem...
>
>
> ..
> CacheEntry[file:/C:/Eclipse/workspace-4.3-2/MyAppletFX/build/deploy/libs/log4j-1.2.17.jar]:
> updateAvailable=false,lastModified=Thu Nov 21 09:28:45 CET
> 2013,length=489883
> ..
>
Re: Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File [message #1200524 is a reply to message #1200523] Thu, 21 November 2013 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On 21.11.13 10:29, Tom Schindl wrote:
> Did you see the "deploy javafx 2 web application" thread from a few days
> ago? Could it be the same problem, because I'm not

not a applet expert I can't really help.

Tom
Re: Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File [message #1200550 is a reply to message #1200524] Thu, 21 November 2013 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I saw the other thread, but I could not see if this is related to my problem... Maybe the creator of the other thread could give me some advice? What I can tell so far is, that I have no keystore specified - so maybe it is the reason! Or maybe it isn't...
Re: Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File [message #1200676 is a reply to message #1200475] Thu, 21 November 2013 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, in the end it really was a problem with the signing - for testing purposes I created a simple jks-keystore and provided it to the build process.

Maybe it would be nice to allow to set the verbose attribute in you fxbuild as well - and if the storetype attribute is empty, it should not be included in the <fx:signjar> task.

And I would have a proposal for the generated build.xml: While it is no big deal to do it manually, I think it would be nice, if the generated jnlp and html would be placed beside the singed jars (directory: dist) as well. Since the restrictions of the current Java are quite strong, it makes no sense at all, that these files are within the deploy dir, where the jars are not signed.
Re: Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File [message #1200684 is a reply to message #1200676] Thu, 21 November 2013 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are free to file bugzillas for those requests ;-) Please post the
ids to this forum so that others see what's going on.

Tom

On 21.11.13 11:58, Daniel Zimmermann wrote:
> Ok, in the end it really was a problem with the signing - for testing
> purposes I created a simple jks-keystore and provided it to the build
> process.
>
> Maybe it would be nice to allow to set the verbose attribute in you
> fxbuild as well - and if the storetype attribute is empty, it should not
> be included in the <fx:signjar> task.
>
> And I would have a proposal for the generated build.xml: While it is no
> big deal to do it manually, I think it would be nice, if the generated
> jnlp and html would be placed beside the singed jars (directory: dist)
> as well. Since the restrictions of the current Java are quite strong, it
> makes no sense at all, that these files are within the deploy dir, where
> the jars are not signed.
Re: Deploy JavaFX 2 Applet - Access Denied on the Jar File [message #1200823 is a reply to message #1200684] Thu, 21 November 2013 12:34 Go to previous message
Hi Tom,

I opened this bug here and tried to describe, what I think might be a possible enhancement.
Sorry for forgetting about this in the first place - again...

Many greetings,
Daniel
Previous Topic:deploy javafx 2 web application
Next Topic:Linking to the fxgraph model from another xtext language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:17:51 GMT 2024