Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » server launch configuration, classpath user entries work?
server launch configuration, classpath user entries work? [message #191633] Thu, 19 April 2007 15:16 Go to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: jacek.pospychala.pl.ibm.com

Hello,

I have some problems with running a web application A on WebLogic. It
requires my another project B so i add it to server launch configuration
(in user entries), but this project B is not sent to the server.

How should I set the project B to be uploaded to the server? It contains
some libraries shared among other web apps so has to be uploaded to a
user entries classpath, and not be included in web application.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Jacek
Re: server launch configuration, classpath user entries work? [message #191643 is a reply to message #191633] Thu, 19 April 2007 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob Frost is currently offline Rob Frost
Messages: 64
Registered: July 2009
Member
Hi Jacek,

Editing that launch configuration classpath is not going to help you in this
context (the generic WLS servers are launched as a separate process via
startWeblogic.* and the classpath for that JVM is set in the script).

You normally want to express such dependencies via the "J2EE Module
Dependencies" properties page (for a standalone web project, these
dependencies will placed the JAR for the referenced project in the
WEB-INF/lib dir of the project).

If you want a single copy of this WAR/JAR/EAR shared by multiple modules on
WLS, then you can investigate the shared library feature of WLS (see the WLS
docs for more information)

-Rob

"Jacek Pospychala" <jacek.pospychala@pl.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:f08179$eu0$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hello,
>
> I have some problems with running a web application A on WebLogic. It
> requires my another project B so i add it to server launch configuration
> (in user entries), but this project B is not sent to the server.
>
> How should I set the project B to be uploaded to the server? It contains
> some libraries shared among other web apps so has to be uploaded to a user
> entries classpath, and not be included in web application.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated!
>
> Jacek
Re: server launch configuration, classpath user entries work? [message #191668 is a reply to message #191643] Fri, 20 April 2007 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse User
Originally posted by: jacek.pospychala.pl.ibm.com

Thanks Rob!
do you think the shared library feature is stable/straight enough among
different versions of WLS (8,9,9.2) that it could be put right in the
launch configuration GUI, so others wouldn't have to bother themselves
reading docs? :)
Unfortunately i am not an expert in configuring WLS...

Rob Frost wrote:
> Hi Jacek,
>
> Editing that launch configuration classpath is not going to help you in this
> context (the generic WLS servers are launched as a separate process via
> startWeblogic.* and the classpath for that JVM is set in the script).
>
> You normally want to express such dependencies via the "J2EE Module
> Dependencies" properties page (for a standalone web project, these
> dependencies will placed the JAR for the referenced project in the
> WEB-INF/lib dir of the project).
>
> If you want a single copy of this WAR/JAR/EAR shared by multiple modules on
> WLS, then you can investigate the shared library feature of WLS (see the WLS
> docs for more information)
>
> -Rob
>
> "Jacek Pospychala" <jacek.pospychala@pl.ibm.com> wrote in message
> news:f08179$eu0$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have some problems with running a web application A on WebLogic. It
>> requires my another project B so i add it to server launch configuration
>> (in user entries), but this project B is not sent to the server.
>>
>> How should I set the project B to be uploaded to the server? It contains
>> some libraries shared among other web apps so has to be uploaded to a user
>> entries classpath, and not be included in web application.
>>
>> Any suggestions appreciated!
>>
>> Jacek
>
>
Log4j.properties deployment [message #191676 is a reply to message #191668] Fri, 20 April 2007 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mirza Hadzic is currently offline Mirza Hadzic
Messages: 19
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hello,

I need to have Log4j.properties file in "classes" directory of resulting
WAR file. How to configure that?

Thanks,

Mirza
Re: server launch configuration, classpath user entries work? [message #191683 is a reply to message #191668] Fri, 20 April 2007 14:18 Go to previous message
Rob Frost is currently offline Rob Frost
Messages: 64
Registered: July 2009
Member
hi Jacek,

If you are interested in leveraging shared library support easily from
within WTP right now, you should take a look at the BEA Workshop product
(http://dev2dev.bea.com/workshop/); this product is built on top of WTP and
includes integrated shared library support (for details on this support, see
http://edocs.bea.com/wlw/docs100/guide/ideuserguide/conJARLi braryDependencies.html;
for general information about shared library support in WLS, see
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs100/programming/libraries.html).

-Rob

"Jacek Pospychala" <jacek.pospychala@pl.ibm.com> wrote in message
news:f09u6e$tsr$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Thanks Rob!
> do you think the shared library feature is stable/straight enough among
> different versions of WLS (8,9,9.2) that it could be put right in the
> launch configuration GUI, so others wouldn't have to bother themselves
> reading docs? :)
> Unfortunately i am not an expert in configuring WLS...
>
> Rob Frost wrote:
>> Hi Jacek,
>>
>> Editing that launch configuration classpath is not going to help you in
>> this context (the generic WLS servers are launched as a separate process
>> via startWeblogic.* and the classpath for that JVM is set in the script).
>>
>> You normally want to express such dependencies via the "J2EE Module
>> Dependencies" properties page (for a standalone web project, these
>> dependencies will placed the JAR for the referenced project in the
>> WEB-INF/lib dir of the project).
>>
>> If you want a single copy of this WAR/JAR/EAR shared by multiple modules
>> on WLS, then you can investigate the shared library feature of WLS (see
>> the WLS docs for more information)
>>
>> -Rob
>>
>> "Jacek Pospychala" <jacek.pospychala@pl.ibm.com> wrote in message
>> news:f08179$eu0$1@build.eclipse.org...
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have some problems with running a web application A on WebLogic. It
>>> requires my another project B so i add it to server launch configuration
>>> (in user entries), but this project B is not sent to the server.
>>>
>>> How should I set the project B to be uploaded to the server? It contains
>>> some libraries shared among other web apps so has to be uploaded to a
>>> user entries classpath, and not be included in web application.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions appreciated!
>>>
>>> Jacek
>>
Previous Topic:Another "Cannot find the tag library descriptor for..." taglib problem
Next Topic:error IWAB0398E when creating wsdl from java source
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Sep 19 08:03:58 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02507 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software