Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Property sheet loses memory of selection
Property sheet loses memory of selection [message #1188508] Fri, 15 November 2013 17:25 Go to next message
Craig Petre is currently offline Craig PetreFriend
Hi. I'm not sure if this is in the Graphiti realm or not, but I have noticed in my application that if I have an element selected in my diagram the property sheet tab shows the properties for the selected element as expected. Then if I switch to another tab, like the problems view or console view, then switch back to the properties tab the property sheet is completely blank even though the selection in the diagram hasn't changed.

This doesn't seem to be the case for the eclipse editor. In the eclipse editor, while editing source code for example, I can select the properties view, pick some element in the navigator, see that it has properties, switch to the problems view and back and the properties for the selected element are restored rather than the page being blank.

You can kind of see this behavior in the sketch tool. I wasn't able to find anything that actually had properties associated with it, but when you click on an element in the diagram the properties sheet will say "Properties are not available.", then if you click to some other tab and back to the properties tab the sheet will be blank, then if you re-select your selection in the diagram, the properties sheet is again populated with "Properties are not available".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig
Re: Property sheet loses memory of selection [message #1194529 is a reply to message #1188508] Mon, 18 November 2013 15:02 Go to previous message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Craig,

Hm...

I could reproduce this behavior using the tutorial. Selecting classes or
refences shows the same as you describe.

However, I'm not sure if this isn't the normal behavior of the tabbed
properties? After switching to e.g. the Error Log and back to Properties
again, the editor is no longer the active part, it is now the Properties
view. But this cannot provide a selection. None of the pieces that we
provide to the tabbed properties is even called...

The behavior you describe in the editor is based upon the normal property
sheets. Could this be a general difference here?

Michael
Previous Topic:Allow Anchor to "follow" the mouse
Next Topic:Programatically create connection bend points
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:47:22 GMT 2024