Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Web Tools Project (WTP) » The XSD Editor
The XSD Editor [message #189175] Tue, 06 March 2007 14:02 Go to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Messages: 3232
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,
I love the XSD editor. My only regret is that there seems to be no way
of getting it without installing all of web tools. I don't need any of
that for what I'm doing. I just want the excellent editor.

Any chance it will be packed in a feature of it's own in Europa sometime
soon?

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren
Re: The XSD Editor [message #189189 is a reply to message #189175] Tue, 06 March 2007 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: merks.ca.ibm.com

Thomas,

I agree. It should be possible to get the XML editing support without
all the J2EE and other stuff. The WTP folks are asking EMF to provide
smaller feature subsets, because they don't depend on all of EMF, so it
seems reasonable that we/I should expect them to similarly provide
smaller feature subsets for the XML editing support... You should open
a feature request and post the bugzilla number for it here so that other
folks who want this can vote for it.


Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Hi,
> I love the XSD editor. My only regret is that there seems to be no way
> of getting it without installing all of web tools. I don't need any of
> that for what I'm doing. I just want the excellent editor.
>
> Any chance it will be packed in a feature of it's own in Europa
> sometime soon?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren
Re: The XSD Editor [message #189210 is a reply to message #189189] Tue, 06 March 2007 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas HallgrenFriend
Messages: 3232
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
OK. Please cast your vote here if you'd like the XSD/XML editor support
as a separate feature: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176492

- thomas

Ed Merks wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> I agree. It should be possible to get the XML editing support without
> all the J2EE and other stuff. The WTP folks are asking EMF to provide
> smaller feature subsets, because they don't depend on all of EMF, so it
> seems reasonable that we/I should expect them to similarly provide
> smaller feature subsets for the XML editing support... You should open
> a feature request and post the bugzilla number for it here so that other
> folks who want this can vote for it.
>
>
> Thomas Hallgren wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I love the XSD editor. My only regret is that there seems to be no way
>> of getting it without installing all of web tools. I don't need any of
>> that for what I'm doing. I just want the excellent editor.
>>
>> Any chance it will be packed in a feature of it's own in Europa
>> sometime soon?
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Thomas Hallgren
Re: The XSD Editor [message #189226 is a reply to message #189210] Tue, 06 March 2007 18:02 Go to previous message
David Carver is currently offline David CarverFriend
Messages: 174
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> OK. Please cast your vote here if you'd like the XSD/XML editor support
> as a separate feature: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=176492
>
> - thomas
>

Actually, if you only want the XML Editor tools, all you need to
download is the WTP-WST tools. This won't give you the J2EE items, just
the necessary components for working with XML.
Previous Topic:EJB 3, Java EE 5
Next Topic:problem with Java EE5 / J2EE perspecitve in wtp2.0M5
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Dec 20 19:24:48 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04675 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software