Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MDT (Model Development Tools) » Download BPMN2 modeler outside of eclipse(we are blocked from accessing the internet via eclipse)
Download BPMN2 modeler outside of eclipse [message #1187999] Fri, 15 November 2013 11:42 Go to next message
tdr Mising name is currently offline tdr Mising name
Messages: 3
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member
Hello - my access to the internet is restricted to an IE client. I need to download and install eclipse plug-ins manually, but I'm unable to find a distribution of the bpmn modeler to download.

Where can I find it?

I've looked around a bit, but it's not obvious.

Thanks,
TDR
Re: Download BPMN2 modeler outside of eclipse [message #1188200 is a reply to message #1187999] Fri, 15 November 2013 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4094
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

Have you looked at http://www.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/downloads.php.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 15/11/2013 13:36, tdr Mising name wrote:
> Hello - my access to the internet is restricted to an IE client. I
> need to download and install eclipse plug-ins manually, but I'm unable
> to find a distribution of the bpmn modeler to download.
>
> Where can I find it?
>
> I've looked around a bit, but it's not obvious.
>
> Thanks,
> TDR
Re: Download BPMN2 modeler outside of eclipse [message #1188223 is a reply to message #1188200] Fri, 15 November 2013 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tdr Mising name is currently offline tdr Mising name
Messages: 3
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member
I didn't know it existed. I just tried it and got "404 File not found"

TDR
Re: Download BPMN2 modeler outside of eclipse [message #1188516 is a reply to message #1188223] Fri, 15 November 2013 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4094
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

Try another browser.

It works for me in Firefox and IE.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 15/11/2013 14:14, tdr Mising name wrote:
> I didn't know it existed. I just tried it and got "404 File not found"
>
> TDR
Re: Download BPMN2 modeler outside of eclipse [message #1188531 is a reply to message #1188516] Fri, 15 November 2013 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tdr Mising name is currently offline tdr Mising name
Messages: 3
Registered: November 2013
Junior Member
I copied and pasted the link and it worked fine, I guess. But it took me where I'd already been - a list of update sites. When I look in any of these, it takes me to a list of files that I can not download. What am I not seeing?

And at the top of each page it says

This is an Eclipse Update Site
To install the software hosted on this site, please use the Eclipse Update Manager.
To learn how to install software from an update site, please carefully read Adding a new software site from Eclipse Online-Help and follow the instructions there.

Is there somewhere I can download a zip file ofthe plugin? I use the kepler release.

I am using IE9. I can use either IE8 or IE9. That's it. No FF. No Chrome. No eclipse. Just IE.

I really really want this plug-in. Sad

TDR
Re: Download BPMN2 modeler outside of eclipse [message #1188554 is a reply to message #1188531] Fri, 15 November 2013 17:50 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed Willink
Messages: 4094
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi

Raise a Bug against the failure to provide a downloads page. I assumed
(wrongly) that the page had content similar to e.g.
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/downloads/?project=ocl.

(Providing multiple update sites repos is pretty useless when a
composite repo makes them more accessible.)

For now, if you copy every file in the required install to an equivalent
directory structure, you can then specify the root of this as a local
update site for Install New Software...

Or if bleeding edge will do go to
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/tycho-bpmn2modeler-0.0.1-nightly/
where it looks like
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/tycho-bpmn2modeler-0.0.1-nightly/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.updatesite.feature/target/site_assembly.zip
is what you want.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 15/11/2013 17:38, tdr Mising name wrote:
> I copied and pasted the link and it worked fine, I guess. But it took
> me where I'd already been - a list of update sites. When I look in
> any of these, it takes me to a list of files that I can not download.
> What am I not seeing?
>
> And at the top of each page it says
>
> This is an Eclipse Update Site
> To install the software hosted on this site, please use the Eclipse
> Update Manager.
> To learn how to install software from an update site, please carefully
> read Adding a new software site from Eclipse Online-Help and follow
> the instructions there.
> Is there somewhere I can download a zip file ofthe plugin? I use the
> kepler release.
>
> I am using IE9. I can use either IE8 or IE9. That's it. No FF. No
> Chrome. No eclipse. Just IE.
>
> I really really want this plug-in. :(
>
> TDR
Previous Topic:Using Drools with the BPMN2 editor plugin
Next Topic:convert BPMN20 OMG CMOF metamodel to ecore
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 23 10:20:26 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.03434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software