Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Juno: No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/.
Juno: No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/. [message #1183275] Tue, 12 November 2013 19:14 Go to next message
Dilton McGowan II is currently offline Dilton McGowan IIFriend
Messages: 108
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
When I run Help | Check for Updates" I gett the following error,
it happens on both Ubuntu and Windows 7:

"No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/."

If I navigate there in the browser I see "Page not found"?
Re: Juno: No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/. [message #1219039 is a reply to message #1183275] Sat, 30 November 2013 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
Messages: 700
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On 11/12/2013 02:14 PM, Dilton McGowan II wrote:
> When I run Help | Check for Updates" I gett the following error,
> it happens on both Ubuntu and Windows 7:
>
> "No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/."
>
> If I navigate there in the browser I see "Page not found"?
Chances are, this does not hurt anything. It is more of an
"informational message", or "warning" than an actual error.

Its hard to know what its cause is ... but one way it might happen if
you installed something from the "Market Place" and that something
contained an incorrect "reference URL". You might check under
"Preferences --> Install/Update --> Available Software Sites" and see if
it is listed there. If so, you can remove (or disable) it. This will
avoid the message.

The only "harm" might be you are "missing" updates from something you
installed from the "Market Place". If you think that's a possibility,
you would have to "manually" go back to that Market Place item and see
if there is a more recent version.

(And if you do figure out what you installed, that is "adding" that URL
to your list of sites, be sure to open a bug on them to have it
corrected :)
Re: Juno: No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/. [message #1219076 is a reply to message #1219039] Sun, 01 December 2013 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dilton McGowan II is currently offline Dilton McGowan IIFriend
Messages: 108
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 20:20:57 -0500, David Williams wrote:

> On 11/12/2013 02:14 PM, Dilton McGowan II wrote:
>> When I run Help | Check for Updates" I gett the following error,
>> it happens on both Ubuntu and Windows 7:
>>
>> "No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/."
>>
>> If I navigate there in the browser I see "Page not found"?
> Chances are, this does not hurt anything. It is more of an
> "informational message", or "warning" than an actual error.
>
> Its hard to know what its cause is ... but one way it might happen if
> you installed something from the "Market Place" and that something
> contained an incorrect "reference URL". You might check under
> "Preferences --> Install/Update --> Available Software Sites" and see if
> it is listed there. If so, you can remove (or disable) it. This will
> avoid the message.
>
> The only "harm" might be you are "missing" updates from something you
> installed from the "Market Place". If you think that's a possibility,
> you would have to "manually" go back to that Market Place item and see
> if there is a more recent version.
>
> (And if you do figure out what you installed, that is "adding" that URL
> to your list of sites, be sure to open a bug on them to have it
> corrected :)

I haven't noticed it recently however visiting the link in the
browser still fails.

Something failing on this level is akin to opening the Google
Play app on your phone and seeing a shiny 404 page.

This isn't a bug report level problem, this is an all work stops,
all hands on deck problem at eclipse.org until the Marketplace
is working again.
Re: Juno: No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/. [message #1219095 is a reply to message #1219076] Sun, 01 December 2013 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
Messages: 700
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
> I haven't noticed it recently however visiting the link in the
> browser still fails.
>
> Something failing on this level is akin to opening the Google
> Play app on your phone and seeing a shiny 404 page.
>
> This isn't a bug report level problem, this is an all work stops,
> all hands on deck problem at eclipse.org until the Marketplace
> is working again.
>

Either you didn't closely read my last response, or I am
mis-understanding what you say.
As far as I know, there never has been a "repo" at

http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/

And, even if there was, it would not be "accessible" from a web browser.

If you really think this is a "all hands on deck problem" ... then that'd include you :) ... and as your first step you'd have to open a bug: under
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community&component=Marketplace
(In other words, little can be done without a bug report.)

I think you can only say that "the Marketplace is not working" if you click on "Help --> Eclipse Marketplace..." and that does not work; which is not what you were saying in your original post.

I think if there is a bug here, it is just that a "contributor" to the Market place did something wrong ... which would be a valid bug, and it'd be helpful to know what you installed from there ... or, if you never installed anything from there, that'd be helpful to know too.

Did you look under "Preferences --> Install/Update --> Available Software Sites"? To see if that repo is listed there?

I hope you find my remarks as helpful and constructive as I intend,

Thanks
Re: Juno: No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/. [message #1219817 is a reply to message #1219095] Thu, 05 December 2013 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dilton McGowan II is currently offline Dilton McGowan IIFriend
Messages: 108
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 14:25:19 -0500, David Williams wrote:

>> I haven't noticed it recently however visiting the link in the
>> browser still fails.
>>
>> Something failing on this level is akin to opening the Google
>> Play app on your phone and seeing a shiny 404 page.
>>
>> This isn't a bug report level problem, this is an all work stops,
>> all hands on deck problem at eclipse.org until the Marketplace
>> is working again.
>>
>
> Either you didn't closely read my last response, or I am
> mis-understanding what you say.
> As far as I know, there never has been a "repo" at
>
> http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/
>
> And, even if there was, it would not be "accessible" from a web browser.
>
> If you really think this is a "all hands on deck problem" ... then that'd include you :) ... and as your first step you'd have to open a bug: under
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community&component=Marketplace
> (In other words, little can be done without a bug report.)
>
> I think you can only say that "the Marketplace is not working" if you click on "Help --> Eclipse Marketplace..." and that does not work; which is not what you were saying in your original post.
>

The problem showed itself when trying to open the Marketplace,
it wasn't me trying to satisfy my curiosity.

> I think if there is a bug here, it is just that a "contributor" to the Market place did something wrong ... which would be a valid bug, and it'd be helpful to know what you installed from there ... or, if you never installed anything from there, that'd be helpful to know too.
>
> Did you look under "Preferences --> Install/Update --> Available Software Sites"? To see if that repo is listed there?
>
> I hope you find my remarks as helpful and constructive as I intend,
>
> Thanks

Sure, no worries.
Re: Juno: No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/. [message #1221536 is a reply to message #1219817] Tue, 17 December 2013 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Michaud is currently offline Thomas MichaudFriend
Messages: 1
Registered: December 2013
Junior Member
> Either you didn't closely read my last response, or I am
> mis-understanding what you say.
> As far as I know, there never has been a "repo" at
>
> http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/
>
> And, even if there was, it would not be "accessible" from a web browser.

Just an FYI: I just looked through my Available Software Sites (Help->Install New Software->Available Software Sites link)

Composite Marketplace Repository has a location of http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/
Re: Juno: No repository found at http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/. [message #1229056 is a reply to message #1221536] Wed, 08 January 2014 16:12 Go to previous message
Dilton McGowan II is currently offline Dilton McGowan IIFriend
Messages: 108
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:04:21 -0500, Thomas Michaud wrote:

>> Either you didn't closely read my last response, or I am
>> mis-understanding what you say.
>> As far as I know, there never has been a "repo" at
>>
>> http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/
>>
>> And, even if there was, it would not be "accessible" from a web browser.
>
> Just an FYI: I just looked through my Available Software Sites
> (Help->Install New Software->Available Software Sites link)
>
> Composite Marketplace Repository has a location of
> http://marketplace.eclipse.org/repo/

On a different machine I just got the same error when updating,
in fact it's exactly what Thomas identifies. I'm not sure
where the Composite Marketplace Repository came from but
it sounds like a default entity.

Since it seems to be no longer applicable I'll untick the checkbox
for it.
Previous Topic:Eclipse for EGL
Next Topic:Kepler, bug?? - Icons/Images in my Help Plugin are not displayed
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Nov 25 23:51:13 GMT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01970 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software