Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Buckminster » p2.arch=* becomes resolved to file list
p2.arch=* becomes resolved to file list [message #1181472] Mon, 11 November 2013 11:25 Go to next message
Andreas Schilling is currently offline Andreas Schilling
Messages: 22
Registered: April 2010
Junior Member
hi everyone!

we're facing a very strange issue with one of our headless-builds running on our jenkins instance. basically we did things just as with other projects we build headless, but somehow this one works differently...

we're getting the famous "Java returned 13" error and when we look into the log, we see that the p2.director call that is triggered by our buckminster "perform" looks really strange:

[...] -p2.os win32 -p2.ws win32 -p2.arch .project .settings buckminster.cspex build build.properties feature.xml resources.rmap site.cquery

the perform looked like this:

perform -D target.os=win32 -D target.ws=win32 -D target.arch=* [...]


so, what somehow happens is that the "*" from the target.arch parameter becomes expanded. what we see in the log excerpt from above (.project .settings ....) is the file- and directory-list of the bundle in which our buckminster.cspex lies.
has anyone ever noticed something like that?

so far we have no clue what's really different to other builds, where we use the same call. the problem looks a bit like an ANT file expression that becomes expanded (the single asterisk for a fileset defined with ANT should show pretty exactly what we see here...)

any hints would be highly appreciated Smile

regards,

Andreas
Re: p2.arch=* becomes resolved to file list [message #1181506 is a reply to message #1181472] Mon, 11 November 2013 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Hallgren is currently offline Thomas Hallgren
Messages: 3215
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Sounds like your perform command is issues from a shell and thus, becomes subject to shell expansion. Did you try
qouting, i.e. -D'target.arch=*' ?

- thomas

On 2013-11-11 17:25, Andreas Schilling wrote:
> hi everyone!
>
> we're facing a very strange issue with one of our headless-builds running on our jenkins instance. basically we did
> things just as with other projects we build headless, but somehow this one works differently...
>
> we're getting the famous "Java returned 13" error and when we look into the log, we see that the p2.director call that
> is triggered by our buckminster "perform" looks really strange:
>
>
> [...] -p2.os win32 -p2.ws win32 -p2.arch .project .settings buckminster.cspex build build.properties feature.xml
> resources.rmap site.cquery
>
> the perform looked like this:
>
>
> perform -D target.os=win32 -D target.ws=win32 -D target.arch=* [...]
>
>
> so, what somehow happens is that the "*" from the target.arch parameter becomes expanded. what we see in the log excerpt
> from above (.project .settings ....) is the file- and directory-list of the bundle in which our buckminster.cspex lies.
> has anyone ever noticed something like that?
>
> so far we have no clue what's really different to other builds, where we use the same call. the problem looks a bit like
> an ANT file expression that becomes expanded (the single asterisk for a fileset defined with ANT should show pretty
> exactly what we see here...)
>
> any hints would be highly appreciated :)
>
> regards,
>
> Andreas
Re: p2.arch=* becomes resolved to file list [message #1181594 is a reply to message #1181472] Mon, 11 November 2013 13:03 Go to previous message
Andreas Schilling is currently offline Andreas Schilling
Messages: 22
Registered: April 2010
Junior Member
the perform command is issued via the jenkins buckminster plugin, don't know whether that qualifies as "shell" Smile
we tried quoting, yes. not in the form you showed, though. we quoted the complete parameter like this: '-Dtarget.arch=*'
will try tomorrow whether the two forms make a difference.

thanks for the hint so far!

regards,

Andreas
Previous Topic:Cannot build p2.site containing xtext
Next Topic:Fetching a plugin from target platform
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Aug 02 04:50:29 EDT 2014

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.10666 seconds