Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Load and Synchronize business objects across several resource files
Load and Synchronize business objects across several resource files [message #1181426] Mon, 11 November 2013 15:48
Stephan FylkenFriend
Hi,

I have created several editors that manipulate their own resource files. Each editor is based on a different meta model, but there are EClasses that are 'common' in all meta models. Therefore, if I modify a common business object (eg. change one of its attribute value) in an editor, I would like the changes made to the corresponding element found in all other resource files.

Based on the above description, I have 2 questions:

1) What would be the best way to synchronize all the resource files when changes are made to a common model element using its model editor?

2) I would like to use a 'common' business object by loading it from an external resource file. Since there can be several of them, I would like the option of choosing which one I want and then pasting it (along with its attributes) into my current model editor's drawing area.

Hope this is clear. If you have any suggestions/comments or snippets of code for illustration, please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,
Stephan
Previous Topic:Getting 'null' instead of the expected BO from a PE in a generated diagram
Next Topic:freely positionable labels outside of labeled shape
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:04:49 GMT 2024