Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Create Connections for Not-Allowed elements
Create Connections for Not-Allowed elements [message #1176454] Fri, 08 November 2013 10:41 Go to next message
Erik Schondorff is currently offline Erik SchondorffFriend
Hello Community,

I'm looking for a solution for following problem:

I have the MetamodelElements Layer & Sublayer. In the current metamodel (and GMF-Editor) it is only possible to connect two different SubLayer-Elements.

My aim (just in the Editor) is to draw a connection between two Layer-Elements. After that, two Sublayer-Elements will be created and the real connection between them.

I found out, that I have to use the GraphicalNodeEditPolicy-class, but I dont know, how to realize this in a good way.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance, Erik
Re: Create Connections for Not-Allowed elements [message #1183006 is a reply to message #1176454] Tue, 12 November 2013 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

it looks close to this: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Graphical_Modeling_Framework/Tips#Implicit_node_in_the_middle_creation.

Ralph
Re: Create Connections for Not-Allowed elements [message #1188479 is a reply to message #1183006] Fri, 15 November 2013 17:01 Go to previous message
Erik Schondorff is currently offline Erik SchondorffFriend
Hi Ralph,

thanks for the link. It was very useful. I could adapt the code, but it runs into a bug. When I draw a connection between the Layers, the Sublayer will be successfully be created (and also the connection), but then, i cant select any of my compartments and every time, I want to select some elements with one mouse drag, the selection rectangle stays in the diagram don't disappear...have I forgotten something or have you an idea, what is happening there oO...

Thanks a lot and i nice weekend Smile
Previous Topic:I've got the selection, I need to make invisible old!
Next Topic:How to implement something like gantt chart using GMF?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:28:09 GMT 2024