Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » Populating a drop down list with existing classes(Noob)
Populating a drop down list with existing classes [message #1175643] Thu, 07 November 2013 22:25 Go to next message
Gary Worsham is currently offline Gary WorshamFriend
I'm working on some code generators with Xtext and Xtend. One of the DSLs I created creates Java code for Swing JMenu entries which map to specific classes in a specific package.

A better solution would be some sort of graphical editor, like ECore diagrammer, where I could create a top-level menu, then add a bunch of menu entries. Each menu entry would require a user-supplied name (to put in the menu) and reference to a specific class. The classes to be offered in the drop down would match a specific naming convention (*.CADBlock.class) and be in a specific package.

Using Xtext and Xtend to parse a menu definition file is OK, but i still have to type in the class names by hand which is tedious and error prone.

Any suggestions as to which tool would be good for this?

Thanks,

GW
Re: Populating a drop down list with existing classes [message #1219667 is a reply to message #1175643] Thu, 05 December 2013 10:39 Go to previous message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
Hi,

I'm afraid you asked on the wrong forum. This forum is focused on EcoreTools which is a diagram editor for Ecore models, not on EMF itself. You should ask your question on the EMF newsgroup, no doubt you'll get a quick response there : http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/108/

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Previous Topic:Metamodels in Ecore
Next Topic:Automatically generate EMF, Help!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:04:41 GMT 2024