Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Mylyn install issue(Mylyn install not showing up in view menu)
Mylyn install issue [message #1170484] Mon, 04 November 2013 17:26 Go to next message
Nathaniel Kohl is currently offline Nathaniel KohlFriend
I am attempting to install the Mylyn plugin for Eclipse SDK 4.2.2, java development IDE. I navigated to the menu Help -> Install new software, and in the popup window's field "Work With", I selected from the drop down menu "Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno". Above the list of available plugins, there is a field that says "type filter text", and there I typed in "mylyn" to filter the plugins I want to install. Under the heading "Collaboration", there are several plugins, and I selected everything that I thought could possibly related to java development (basically everything besides the option labelled "C/C++ development"). A status screen popped up showing me that the plugins were being installed, and shortly after, requested that I restart the application to apply the effects of the install. I did so, and attempted to navigate to the mylyn plugin view options by going into the menu "Window -> Show View -> Other...", and on the "show view" popup, I cannot find the "mylyn" folder. After searching the web for installation instructions many times, it seems this is the proper order of procedure for installation. Why am I not able to access the features of this plugin if it has installed correctly? Any suggestions, or similar issues resolved?

Thank you very much for any help! Have a great week!
Re: Mylyn install issue [message #1172370 is a reply to message #1170484] Tue, 05 November 2013 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomasz Zarna is currently offline Tomasz ZarnaFriend
Nathaniel Kohl wrote on Mon, 04 November 2013 18:26
in the menu "Window -> Show View -> Other...", and on the "show view" popup, I cannot find the "mylyn" folder.

I don't think there is one. Use the Quick Access menu to open any Mylyn related views e.g. Task Repositories. Entering Mylyn there should also reveal some Mylyn commands and prefs available.

Let me know if you still suspect that the installation failed.

Cheers,
Re: Mylyn install issue [message #1197004 is a reply to message #1172370] Tue, 19 November 2013 18:02 Go to previous message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
There should be a Mylyn folder... If it's not there it probably means the install failed somehow. I suggest uninstalling Mylyn if possible and installing it again.

Sam
Previous Topic:Cannot update/create tasks with Bugzilla 4.4.1 and Eclipse 3.7
Next Topic:[WikiText] Markdown with standalone version?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 20:38:55 GMT 2024