My copy of eclipse on my windows box was getting sorely out of date so I figured I would just remove the old directory and install from scratch. I removed the old Eclipse tree from program files and removed the workspace tree under my user directory, downloaded Kepler and installed.
Eclipse runs fine, but when I went to 'Add new software' I keep getting "Unable to read repository at..." errors including the updates/4.3 and releases/kepler content.xml files.
But a couple of them work (I can't recall if it was AVR or ADT). This is also one of three different computers on my subnet and the other two are working fine. Just this one fails on some but not all repositories.
Clicking 'details' shows the same messages in the pop-up. Clicking 'Show error log' seems to do nothing.
I checked windows, no proxy settings to speak of. I checked preferences, set to native (I also tried 'Direct' with the same results)
I tried using -vm to point to different java installs I have on this box including variants of the jdk vs the jre. Same error(s)