Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BIRT » Can Not run BIRT on manager's computer - Enter Parameters window Loading(Can Not run BIRT on manager's computer - when doing the Preview or in Web Viewer)
Can Not run BIRT on manager's computer - Enter Parameters window Loading [message #1164204] Thu, 31 October 2013 14:05 Go to next message
Dejan Vujanic is currently offline Dejan Vujanic
Hi,

I created some reports for my manager and they works fine in my Eclipse.
It is Eclipse Reporting Kepler.
All resource files and libraries are in same folder C:\eclipse\...

I copied it also to my colleague computer and when he puts it on C also it works fine.

But when I copy it to my manager's computer it can connect to database (I can see results in Data Set) so it has connection to database, but when I try Preview or to run it Web Viewer Nothing happens, just like it is loading all the time.
Enter Parameters Window does not displays anything.

I do not know what can be the problem.
I have WIN 7, my colleague also has Win 7 (on his computer works), my manager has Win 8.
I have JAVA 1.6, My colleague has 1.7 and my manger has 1.7.

I am sending in attachment what happens when I try Preview:

I can not enter any parameters.

I will really appreciate any help this is so strange behavior to me.

What can be the problem (Windows, Java..)?

THANK YOU!!!

Re: Can Not run BIRT on manager's computer - Enter Parameters window Loading [message #1196958 is a reply to message #1164204] Tue, 19 November 2013 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

I've heard that several folks are having issues when using Windows 8. Can you please log a bug for this and post the bug info in here? Thanks!

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Re: Can Not run BIRT on manager's computer - Enter Parameters window Loading [message #1219981 is a reply to message #1196958] Sat, 07 December 2013 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dejan Vujanic is currently offline Dejan Vujanic
Hi Michael thank you for reply.
Can you give me instructions how and which bugs to log? I did not do it before in the BIRT.

Thank you in advance
Re: Can Not run BIRT on manager's computer - Enter Parameters window Loading [message #1220630 is a reply to message #1219981] Thu, 12 December 2013 18:56 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael Williams

Sorry for the delay. You can report bugs here:

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php

You might do a quick search for Windows 8 bugs before you post. If you find one, you can just comment in it and vote for the bug.

Michael

Add interactivity, scheduling, sharing, live Excel export, and JS integration to your BIRT app with the new, free BIRT server, BIRT iHub F-Type.
Previous Topic:multi-value cascading parameter can't dispaly
Next Topic:New Fonts PFM vs TTF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 31 22:26:43 GMT 2014