Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » can't suppress page breaks
can't suppress page breaks [message #1162674] Wed, 30 October 2013 14:44 Go to next message
Gibran Shah is currently offline Gibran ShahFriend
Hello,

I'm working in BIRT Designer Professional (trial version). I have a grid inside a list. The grid is set to inline so that it repeats horizontally.

I would like to get rid of page breaks. It is inserting a page break after every grid, causing the grids to align vertically instead of horizontally.

I have the page breaks for the grid set to "Avoid" for Before, After, and Inside. I have the page breaks for the list set to "Avoid" for Before, After, and Inside, and I have Page Break Interval set to 0 (I'm told this is how to turn off page breaks but it's not working). Yet it still insists on adding a page break after every grid.

Can someone please help me to figure out how to get rid of page breaks all together? Thanks.
Re: can't suppress page breaks [message #1162990 is a reply to message #1162674] Wed, 30 October 2013 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Re: can't suppress page breaks [message #1164026 is a reply to message #1162990] Thu, 31 October 2013 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
What is the height of a grid? If two grids can't fit in the height of the MasterPage, then from birt 4.3 pagebreaks are automatically added.

As a workaround try to reduce the size of a grid, or increase the height of the masterpage (or reduce top/bottom margins, footer/header height etc.).

Hope this helps
Re: can't suppress page breaks [message #1164281 is a reply to message #1164026] Thu, 31 October 2013 15:13 Go to previous message
Thanks domino, that helped.
Previous Topic:Dynamic data source based on parameter
Next Topic:RHINO USAGE WARNING: Missed Context.javaToJS()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:17:41 GMT 2024