Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Cannot display icons for specialized stereotype
Cannot display icons for specialized stereotype [message #1162297] Wed, 30 October 2013 09:28 Go to next message
Tomas Sandkvist is currently offline Tomas SandkvistFriend
I've tried to specialize the «Block» element in my own profile and giving the new stereotype an icon.

I have followed the guidelines in the tutorial for creating profiles, but no matter what I try I cannot get the icon to show.

It does however work with Package elements, so there must be a difference between extending a metaclass and specializing a stereotype, but it this a bug or what I should expect?

Regards,
Tomas Sandkvist
Re: Cannot display icons for specialized stereotype [message #1163904 is a reply to message #1162297] Thu, 31 October 2013 09:50 Go to previous message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Tomas Sandkvist wrote on Wed, 30 October 2013 05:28
I've tried to specialize the «Block» element in my own profile and giving the new stereotype an icon.

I have followed the guidelines in the tutorial for creating profiles, but no matter what I try I cannot get the icon to show.

It does however work with Package elements, so there must be a difference between extending a metaclass and specializing a stereotype, but it this a bug or what I should expect?

Hi Tomas,

In my experience, there are currently quite some "visualisation" problems when profiling SysML elements, for instance

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=417813
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=417347

My suggestion is that you try to make it work for a UML::class, if that works also perfectly fine, please submit it as a bug.

HTH,

Klaas
Previous Topic:Read-Only attributes persisted in model.uml and caused into error
Next Topic:Create papyrus model programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:32:35 GMT 2024