Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Session timeout when running servlet in debugger
Session timeout when running servlet in debugger [message #1161550] Tue, 29 October 2013 21:59 Go to next message
Alain Désilets is currently offline Alain DésiletsFriend
Whenever I try to debug a servlet with the debugger, things go sort of OK. I can pause execution at breakpoints, inspect variables, etc...

But after about 30 seconds, the session timesout and I get message:

Page load failed with error: The request timed out.

I understand that this behaviour is to be expected with a production server, i.e. the requests should time out after 30 seconds or so. But when debugging, I expect the session to stay open for as long as i need to follow the execution of the place where the bug is happening.

Is there a way to lauch tomcat or the servlet and tell it to not timeout?

I tried putting a large session-timeout in my web.xml file, but it didn't seem to make a difference:

<servlet>
<servlet-name>FindDocs</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>com.alpacatechnologies.InterPrep.FindDocsServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>FindDocs</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/FindDocs</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<!-- Long session timeout so we can run the debugger and pause without the session timing out. -->
<session-config>
<session-timeout>240</session-timeout>
</session-config>

Thx.
Re: Session timeout when running servlet in debugger [message #1169083 is a reply to message #1161550] Sun, 03 November 2013 20:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
looks like a question for the Web Tools experts, no?
Re: Session timeout when running servlet in debugger [message #1830743 is a reply to message #1169083] Sun, 02 August 2020 21:24 Go to previous message
Napoleon  BlownApart is currently offline Napoleon BlownApartFriend
Looks like there aren't any "Web Tools experts" since this has been open from 2009, and even the Eclipse Genie closed the issue using the argument:

Quote:
This bug hasn't had any activity in quite some time. Maybe the problem got resolved, was a duplicate of something else, or became less pressing for some reason - or maybe it's still relevant but just hasn't been looked at yet. As such, we're closing this bug.

If you have further information on the current state of the bug, please add it and reopen this bug. The information can be, for example, that the problem still occurs, that you still want the feature, that more information is needed, or that the bug is (for whatever reason) no longer relevant.

--
The automated Eclipse Genie.

(https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384556#c1)

But on a serious note, has anyone found an answer to this? In my case, this is occurring with the PHP server that is internal to Eclipse. while accessing my Apache/PHP/MySQL virtual hosted server running on my machine.

[Updated on: Sun, 02 August 2020 21:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to get Debug Shell to use static imports?
Next Topic:Eclipse Installer Crashes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:34:35 GMT 2024